Survivor Series: WarGames

Devon Malcolm

Why is he looking like an absolute dick? Was Daniel Bryan looking like a dick when they chanted CM Punk during that segment with Brie and Steph, when he decided NOT to respond to it (but Steph did). 

To me when a wrestler talks about someone he doesn't like (but the company apparently believes in a lot) he pretty much was in the know that CM Punk was going to show up. And isn't it the idea to make us all believe he didn't know based on the reaction he gave one day earlier. Ofcourse they will work together, thats why its a work my friend haha

18 minutes ago, SpanishFly said:

Why is he looking like an absolute dick? Was Daniel Bryan looking like a dick when they chanted CM Punk during that segment with Brie and Steph, when he decided NOT to respond to it (but Steph did). 

To me when a wrestler talks about someone he doesn't like (but the company apparently believes in a lot) he pretty much was in the know that CM Punk was going to show up. And isn't it the idea to make us all believe he didn't know based on the reaction he gave one day earlier. Ofcourse they will work together, thats why its a work my friend haha

You're looking back at a time where he'd left and he didn't work for the company and no one thought he would again. So it's completely different.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, SpanishFly said:

he pretty much was in the know that CM Punk was going to show up

He wasn't pretty much in the know. He knew. It has been widely reported that all the guys in the main event were told he was coming out at the end. Seth is a bellend, Punk is a bellend, they both like to make a noise, let them clang at each other. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SpanishFly said:

So this was truly disappointing. We were all wondering whether or not we saw a genuine upset Seth Rollins at Wargames and to be honest, it looked fantastic. I saw several clips where he is already flipping off as soon as the music hits all the way up to the famous footage where he is held back by Michael Cole of all people. He is cursing and cursing ... I loved it. IMO if you want to keep this momentum the thing you should NOT do is openly talk about CM Punk at some live event. He is not worth his breath, yet he talks about him. I wish he counted more on his veteran status instead of giving the next big Phil match away. 

What do you all think. Was it a good idea to immediately follow up the next day or... just ignore CM for a few weeks. 

Yeah he could've just let it be. No matter what he says he's going to get booed when it comes to the match so a bit pointless. Lots of chat about him genuinely being pissed but recognising there's money in it so we'll see what happens tonight. 

Be good all round if there was no interaction between the two.

I’ve watched it a few (thousands) of times now. I think it’s the best return ever, which is even more impressive when you consider the return it edged out was Punk’s in 2021.

2021 had an incredible surreal quality, and was booked perfectly in so much as they didn’t book it or get in their own way - they just got him out there at the top of the show as everyone knew he was coming, and allowed Chicago to go wild.

2023 just had all these extra layers. The main event was a masterclass in slight of hand, to the point where you could feel the audience in those last few seconds let out that last bit of excited energy and start thinking about heading home, then boom. It was absolutely, beautifully booked by a company who for a long time seemed to understand their audience but resent them for it, and now just seemed to be in something resembling a wonderful, loving harmony with their audience. And then, it finished again, with CM Punk walking out to his people. Absolutely incredible.

I think the ‘idiotic son in law’ has turned out to be the best thing to happen to the WWE ever. 

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I think the ‘idiotic son in law’ has turned out to be the best thing to happen to the WWE ever

Not having Vince involved in creative has been a massive boon for sure. How much is down to Trips I suppose time will tell but it's as if he's "listened" over the years and what we're getting now is (almost) everything we've ever asked for. 

Bells. Whistles. And some tinsel! 

Very well done all round. 

• Paid Members

If there's anyone who can out-idiot Hangman Page for completely incoherent nonsense in a promo exchange with Punk, it's Rollins. They've picked the right/wrong man going forward, it's going to be great/hilariously shit. 

2 hours ago, Nexus said:

I have enjoyed seeing the Tiktoks of streamers reacting in disbelief to Punk returning. There is still some magic in wrestling.

I saw a few of these on Twitter and hated them. It’s highly likely that I’m just a joyless old fuck, but I can’t imagine screeching “OH MY GOD!” at the top of my lungs for anything, wrestling or otherwise. My reaction to Punk was a sensible Decibel level “holy shit.” Joyless old fuck it is then.