Survivor Series: WarGames

Devon Malcolm

2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

I think that's the biggest flaw of NXT. Wrestlers spend ages there carefully developing new characters and personas and then arrive on the main shows as a "finished product" when really the best part of wrestling is actually seeing a character develop on television through storylines and feuds. Instead you often just get these finely tuned simplified, completely one note characters turn up on Raw and Smackdown and it's like..."ok, now what?".

THIS. Bayley massively suffered from this. Bayleys journey was what made her. The young goody two shoes white meat baby face, being bullied by the likes of Banks and Emma, to slowly overcome her shortcomings and eventually grow up in front of our eyes for the feel good championship win.

Then on the main roster she comes in as the same character, but... she's not the underdog anymore. She's a former world champ. It dosent work.

Similarly Sasha Banks coming in as a face felt SO wrong.

Edited by andrew "the ref" coyne

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

Similarly Sasha Banks coming in as a face felt SO wrong.

Sasha came in as a heel aligned with heel Naomi and Tamina in Team BAD. They turned her because she was getting cheered regardless.

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I'll always love that Tamina was in a team called BAD. Of course she was.

They should have teamed her with Rosey because Team SHIT would have been even more fitting.

• Paid Members
On 11/26/2023 at 8:05 AM, LEGIT said:

Oh yeah, I wasn't meaning to refer to any reaction on here, I scrolled through my almost never used Twitter account and was just overwhelmed by the bitterness and determination to hate anything the pantomime villains WWE do.

Still a fucking dunce then, Mo?

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I'll always love that Tamina was in a team called BAD. Of course she was.

My own favourite awful Tamina memory is when they disbanded her fuck-awful team with Nia Jax then managed to form TWO fucking awful teams from the parts, with Natalya and Shayna respectively. Like a total reversal of when the Gangstanators formed.

.... dating myself a bit with that one.

• Paid Members

Man I have rewatched the end of this show a lot of times. A looot of times. Flawlessly executed and what a spine tingling pop. Been perusing the fan cam in-arena videos of it too, I can’t get enough of stuff like that when something monumental happens in wrestling.  Can’t beat it. 

I still don’t think I can sit through a full three hour Raw but I am certainly intrigued to hear what he has to say. They’ve got me for that at the very least. I hope he does feud with Rollins as it would be highly therapeutic for me to hear Punk skewer him on the mic. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, JLM said:

Man I have rewatched the end of this show a lot of times. A looot of times. Flawlessly executed and what a spine tingling pop. Been perusing the fan cam in-arena videos of it too, I can’t get enough of stuff like that when something monumental happens in wrestling.  Can’t beat it. 

I still don’t think I can sit through a full three hour Raw but I am certainly intrigued to hear what he has to say. They’ve got me for that at the very least. I hope he does feud with Rollins as it would be highly therapeutic for me to hear Punk skewer him on the mic. 

This. Seth was mouthing off after the live event last night about how irrelevant Punk is. Would love to see Seth put in his place. 

11 minutes ago, Suplex Sinner said:

This. Seth was mouthing off after the live event last night about how irrelevant Punk is. Would love to see Seth put in his place. 

So this was truly disappointing. We were all wondering whether or not we saw a genuine upset Seth Rollins at Wargames and to be honest, it looked fantastic. I saw several clips where he is already flipping off as soon as the music hits all the way up to the famous footage where he is held back by Michael Cole of all people. He is cursing and cursing ... I loved it. IMO if you want to keep this momentum the thing you should NOT do is openly talk about CM Punk at some live event. He is not worth his breath, yet he talks about him. I wish he counted more on his veteran status instead of giving the next big Phil match away. 

What do you all think. Was it a good idea to immediately follow up the next day or... just ignore CM for a few weeks. 

Edited by SpanishFly
Mistakes

Just now, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

To be fair to Seth, which doesn't come naturally, the crowd did start chanting CM Punk. I know he led them there but he can't let the chant pass unacknowledged. 

And why not? Didn't they do that for the past 10 years with a few exceptions here and there (Rock, Goldberg and Steph)?  All I'm saying it would have better if he didn't let the cat out of the bag whether or not this was a work 🙂 

1 minute ago, SpanishFly said:

And why not? Didn't they do that for the past 10 years with a few exceptions here and there (Rock, Goldberg and Steph)?  All I'm saying it would have better if he didn't let the cat out of the bag whether or not this was a work 🙂 

What exactly has confirmed that it was a work? He's going to look like an absolute dick if he just ignores the chants. You know CM Punk works for WWE now right? It's not like he's come in as an invader or something. Both guys are on the same payroll. They'll inevitably work together. 

• Paid Members

I don’t want any wrestling vs sports entertainment nonsense either. I just want Punk to point out that Rollins is a hollow shell of a wrestler with no real personality and he tries to mask this by dressing like a complete knob. I don’t want any “I’m a pro wrestler and you’re a WWE product” neckbeard-appeasement. Just tell him how shit he is so I can hear someone say it out loud on TV. 

Edited by JLM