AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

If there is a turn coming there (and I hope it's Cole turning on MJF) I hope they lay it on real thick with the "we're proper mates now" stuff beforehand by having them do their full on entrance together to their mashup theme, in their matching jackets etc.

It probably has been done before somewhere, but I don't recall an instance where two partners/stablemates have competed against each other for whatever reason, but entered together. I recall separate entrances to the same theme played twice, and I think even separate entrances to the same playing of said theme (without it stopping/re-starting) but never actually together.

3 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

RVD v Perry looks interesting. Would make sense, though prob piss off one of the youngsters who could do w a big match. I'm for RVD though, not seen him in years IRL.

Dynamite spoilers:

Spoiler

They're wrestling next week.

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Statto said:

If there is a turn coming there (and I hope it's Cole turning on MJF) I hope they lay it on real thick with the "we're proper mates now" stuff beforehand by having them do their full on entrance together to their mashup theme, in their matching jackets etc.

It probably has been done before somewhere, but I don't recall an instance where two partners/stablemates have competed against each other for whatever reason, but entered together. I recall separate entrances to the same theme played twice, and I think even separate entrances to the same playing of said theme (without it stopping/re-starting) but never actually together.

Place close attention to what Adam Cole does during the hug 

• Paid Members

Dynamite spoilers:

Spoiler

That they're doing RVD vs. Jack Perry next week makes me think that a lot of the rumoured line-up for All In that's been floating around has just been guesswork based on the direction of TV.

I'm not overly fussed about not getting RVD at Wembley if that's the case, though I'd love it if we end up getting one of AEW's trademark mental multi-man street fights with Jack Perry and pals vs. Hook and the ECW lads - Perry making good with Christian Cage and Luchasaurus to fight Hook, RVD and somebody else, with run-ins and cameos by Sabu, Jerry Lynn and Tazz wouldn't go amiss.

Same with people speculating about getting Jarrett vs. Grado purely because they did a Talksport spot - that was obviously just a bit to go viral and keep the idea of Wembley in the conversation; Jarrett has barely worked singles matches since coming to AEW, and I doubt that spot would go to Grado on AEW's biggest show. But Paul Wight's been making noise about wanting to be on the show, and he's been doing UK press too, so if they do spin any of this into a match, I can see it being Jarrett/Lethal/Singh vs. Grado/Tall Paul/someone else, maybe another old-timer, maybe a better worker to carry the match. Mostly, though, I just don't see that story going anywhere - Jarrett was on Dynamite, and I don't think they mentioned the Grado spot there.

I know there's a level of recency bias, but I think MJF/Cole might be the best thing AEW has ever done. I want to have my heart broken - I want Adam Cole to stab MJF in the back, to become champion. You could then do Cole/Punk at All Out, and the Cole/MJF rematch at Full Gear. If they handle this right, they can surpass their Omega/Page storytelling. 

8 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Dynamite spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

That they're doing RVD vs. Jack Perry next week makes me think that a lot of the rumoured line-up for All In that's been floating around has just been guesswork based on the direction of TV.

I'm not overly fussed about not getting RVD at Wembley if that's the case, though I'd love it if we end up getting one of AEW's trademark mental multi-man street fights with Jack Perry and pals vs. Hook and the ECW lads - Perry making good with Christian Cage and Luchasaurus to fight Hook, RVD and somebody else, with run-ins and cameos by Sabu, Jerry Lynn and Tazz wouldn't go amiss.

Same with people speculating about getting Jarrett vs. Grado purely because they did a Talksport spot - that was obviously just a bit to go viral and keep the idea of Wembley in the conversation; Jarrett has barely worked singles matches since coming to AEW, and I doubt that spot would go to Grado on AEW's biggest show. But Paul Wight's been making noise about wanting to be on the show, and he's been doing UK press too, so if they do spin any of this into a match, I can see it being Jarrett/Lethal/Singh vs. Grado/Tall Paul/someone else, maybe another old-timer, maybe a better worker to carry the match. Mostly, though, I just don't see that story going anywhere - Jarrett was on Dynamite, and I don't think they mentioned the Grado spot there.

Spoiler

Wonder if they're thinking of Shida v Saraya at All In and thinking that British fans will love having a Brit win a title on the show? 

Further Dynamite spoiler above 

I’m looking forward to MJF/Cole and have no problem with it being on the card but still don’t feel like it’s big enough to be the main match on this show. 

Punk/Omega please. 

Edited by AndyUK

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, AndyUK said:

I’m looking forward to MJF/Cole and have no problem with it being on the card but still don’t feel like it’s big enough to be the main match on this show. 

Punk/Omega please. 

It’s a world title match

1 hour ago, AndyUK said:

Punk/Omega please. 

A World title match, with a build behind it, not big enough? For a show that's a week before one of the biggest PPVs of the year? Come on man, seriously? TK could have saved that for All Out and given us a meaningless main event. 

7 hours ago, AndyUK said:

Punk/Omega please. 

For all the worry about the lack of card and them throwing together a bunch of stuff and it maybe not bringing together a proper AEW card - MJF/Cole is one of the biggest matches they could give right now for regular viewers of the product. It's one of their most popular ongoing storylines. Its their main title. What more do you want?

Punk/Omega hasn't even had any build. That would've been a more throwaway match. You're getting a proper main event.