CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Bryan Danielson continuing to be the most normal person in the business. It must feel like a Godsend having him come in and take over as locker room leader after suffering the immature, paranoid nuttiness of CM Punk.

IMG_6241.thumb.jpeg.61ad2dd2e77d9449775bd31e5c2849bf.jpeg

I can’t help it though. He’s giving this mature, diplomatic answer, and all I can focus on is, “when I lost my father…”

IMG_6242.gif.9a86f57036d0abbd7fee89d35b0dbf24.gif

Add Christian to the list of people I want Danielson to wrestle before he retires next year. In 2023, I bet that would absolutely rule.

Oof that's the feud I want to see now. Across three PPVs, tied to a rubber match with a gimmick. Simple, worked personal animosity booking. 

Christian/Danielson. It even has a nice ring to it. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

Yeah, that would be awesome, although it would inevitably end up involving both the rest of the BCC and lots of blood.   I'd rather have a simple feud like @Gay as FOOK suggests, with straightforward matches that tell a story rather than repaint the scenery.

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, Loki said:

Yeah, that would be awesome, although it would inevitably end up involving both the rest of the BCC and lots of blood.   I'd rather have a simple feud like @Gay as FOOK suggests, with straightforward matches that tell a story rather than repaint the scenery.

Yeah....

17 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Across three PPVs, tied to a rubber match with a gimmick. Simple, worked personal animosity booking. 

.... if the gimmick match is 2/3 falls, sign me up.

22 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

On UFC Fight Pass last night, during his commentary gig, Punk said he’s got a lot of free time on his hands “for the next two months.”

Great, that’ll really help with all those that are utterly convinced that he’s turning up at Survivor Series and how fucked off they’ll be afterwards when he doesn’t.
As above, he knows full well what he’s doing

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

The clips I’ve seen, he and his co-announcers are doing the exact same nudge-nudge-wink-wink-LOL stuff they did after Brawl Out, but we’ve been here before, lads. You went back and were a complete self-sabotaging nutcase yet again. It’s amazing seeing him try to laugh it off a second time. What a fascinating weirdo. Genuinely, has anyone discussed the possibility of undiagnosed concussions? His cheese is off his cracker.

We’ll definitely have to do a pool if he goes back to WWE. Six months max, surely?

Edited by Supremo

As others have said, modern corporate WWE is probably the perfect environment for Brittle Phil.

He could have a Lesnar style deal where he does a limited number of dates a year.  He can turn up just before his match or segment, and head off straight afterwards.

The less time he spends around the locker room the better.  Keep him isolated from everyone, in his own private suite.  No input into anything other than his own feud.  

It all comes down to whether you think he has the value of a Lesnar, Cena, Goldberg.  Personally I don’t.  I doubt HHH does but Endeavour might.

• Paid Members

Random thought. Presumably for any prospective employer, the hypothetical massive pop he gets should he appear/return would be a huge part of the presentation. I wonder if Tony Khan still has the rights to Cult of Personality, and if so if Punk can use it elsewhere or if TK has the exclusivity on it, because it might be a damp squib if Punk comes out to a different song. Not insurmountable, but certainly diminishes the initial pop in that scenario.