CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Vamp said:

I'm fairly sure Punk was asked about her coming to AEW with him and him saying he wouldn't want that because he liked her "chunky." Which was probably innocuous. 

He was definitely asked in an interview about her coming in and mentioned her neck was too messed up. Not sure about the other bit. 

6 hours ago, unfitfinlay said:

It seems to have flown under the radar but Meltzer said that Cabana’s fall out with Punk - which caused all of this - happened after Cabana had pizza with Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens and Punk had expected him to cut ties with anyone WWE-related.

Punk really is a proper weirdo eh? I can’t imagine being THAT controlling.

The underlined above has been responsible for a lot of shit in the wrestling industry. How someone who's so inept can wield so much influence and actually convince otherwise sensible wrestling fans to believe certain things is insane.

FOX News? Unreliable. Mainstream media? Always to be taken with a pinch of salt. Meltzer? Well, if he said it there has to be something to it, right?

3 hours ago, Vamp said:

I'm fairly sure Punk was asked about her coming to AEW with him and him saying he wouldn't want that because he liked her "chunky." Which was probably innocuous. 

Bizarre. If you look at her Instagram, chunky is not how I'd describe her. She's still pretty much in the same shape she was when wrestling if not slimmer.

2 minutes ago, deathrey said:

Bizarre. If you look at her Instagram, chunky is not how I'd describe her. She's still pretty much in the same shape she was when wrestling if not slimmer.

I had a quick Google as I thought chunky was weird to say as well, as she is literally one of the slightest women I have ever seen, and I saw some pictures of her recently and it looks like she's been lifting quite a bit and BONK, now I need a lie down. 

Stop whinging Phil and just enjoy spending time with your fit wife!

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, deathrey said:

Punk has his own body issues - he's previously said he doesn't like to watch his matches back because he obsesses over how fat he looks.

I saw the clip, he said “thicc” which is something different.  Basically he likes her in the shape she is and doesn’t want her to try and lose weight to wrestle.  Which seems fair enough.

Edit:

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Punk has his own body issues - he's previously said he doesn't like to watch his matches back because he obsesses over how fat he looks.

Blame Triple H for that. Called him a "skinny fatass". While recognized as COO, if I recall. Meant to be a babyface, resorts to that type of workplace bullying. You hate to see it.

1 hour ago, Loki said:

I saw the clip, he said “thicc” which is something different.  Basically he likes her in the shape she is and doesn’t want her to try and lose weight to wrestle.  Which seems fair enough.

Edit:

Ah, apologies. I'm not sure where "chunky" came from. I could have sworn I'd heard him say that.

ESPN brought up Punk rejoining WWE to Nick Khan during an interview about the company merger, gave a complete non-answer but was m respectful about him and also acknowledging his time in UFC (not sure if that line was a little backhanded..).

“Listen, we only have respect for Phil. We appreciate his run here. We appreciate what he did and tried to do with the UFC. Not many people can actually get in there and do what he did. So, when we have respect for Phil, we wish him nothing but the best.”

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Sounds like a very polite "no thanks" to me.

I’m on the fence. In “real world business” sense that’s exactly how it sounds. Depending how much of a wrestling person Nick is (you’ll have to tell me)… wrestling people have a knack for keeping some things close to their chest. Wouldn’t want to let the cat out of the bag early or say anything to jeopardise talks if someone else has reached out in ether direction. I wouldn’t want anyone else saying “Never say never” if I had an eye on the next Raw in Chicago for a big surprise, in Hunters shoes.

33 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I’m on the fence. In “real world business” sense that’s exactly how it sounds. Depending how much of a wrestling person Nick is (you’ll have to tell me)… wrestling people have a knack for keeping some things close to their chest. Wouldn’t want to let the cat out of the bag early or say anything to jeopardise talks if someone else has reached out in ether direction. I wouldn’t want anyone else saying “Never say never” if I had an eye on the next Raw in Chicago for a big surprise, in Hunters shoes.

I don't think its a no.

In that world, you only really say a firm no to things if you think they'll have a negative impact on your business. And, if that's the case, you get right out in front of it and say 'fuck that'.

Conversely, if something would have an incredible impact on your business, you'd maybe get out in front of it and say 'we'd love to talk, lets go'.

The milquetoast answer he gave suggests they haven't spoke yet, and he's broadly ambivalent as to whether they do or not.