CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Supremo said:

Most interesting part of this week’s Observer is that Punk supposedly reached out about returning to WWE before he went to AEW the first time. If true, that’s brilliant. Carny Man Punk. Reframes that whole First Dance promo.

”August 13th, 2005, I left professional wrestling. August 20th, 2021, I'm back…because Sports Entertainment said no.”

Apparently CM Punk was approached before the first Double or Nothing (pre Dynamite) about coming in, but wanted to wait to see if what he was promised was delivered. He then contacted WWE to tell them he had an offer, but they didn’t offer him anything. Then he was asked again by AEW but didn’t want to come in until Covid was over or the crowds were back. But he definitely tried to go back to WWE between 19/21.

17 minutes ago, textonly said:

The older guy who sits next to me at the Emirates said, "what is this music!? It's awful". I told him it was a wrestling theme, but pretended I only knew that because I'd read an interview with the guy who picks the songs.

I mean, it's actually a chart hit by an actual band from 1988. You could have gone with with that.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Chili said:

I mean, it's actually a chart hit by an actual band from 1988. You could have gone with with that.

It also featured prominently on one of the most commercially successful video games this century, but whether pretending to play a plastic guitar is more or less embarassing than watching lads in pants playfighting is debatable I suppose. 

1 minute ago, mim731 said:

It also featured prominently on one of the most commercially successful video games this century, but whether pretending to play a plastic guitar is more or less embarassing than watching lads in pants playfighting is debatable I suppose. 

I thought you were talking about San Andreas at first, which it was also on.

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

I thought you were talking about San Andreas at first, which it was also on.

I have been known to yell IT'S CLOBBERING TIME before failing on Wrong Side of the Tracks for the 26th consecutive time.