CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

That must have thrown a massive wrench in the storylines. Those 6 man titles have all the worth of one of Punk's promises to behave.

I mean they were literally just introduced into the company at the time. Who knows, but it did give us the best of 7 series when they returned 

1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

That must have thrown a massive wrench in the storylines. Those 6 man titles have all the worth of one of Punk's promises to behave.

Little bit there are some loose threads to pull.

The Trios title had been the pet project of the Elite and built around Kenny Omega's return. This also brought Hangman back into their orbit. As he was "coaching" the Dark Order, subbing in as the 3rd man for the Final. After All Out, the Elite and Hangman story would have played out differently than what ended up happening earlier this year. 

That plays into the partial break-up of the Dark Order with Preston Vance turning. Instead of Hangman seconded onto the World Title scene he still would have been more involved with the Dark Order.

Most notable What If... not knowing what was planned. Death Triangle v. Best Friends becomes the match to decide the vacant Trios championship. Putting PAC and Orange Cassidy back into the same orbit of each other. No double duty as champion, no need to drop the still new All-Atlantic, no Orange Cassidy singles win when it happens. Instead PAC gets a random Rampage title defense and disappears back to the UK for weeks. Doing the touring champion idea many had of the All-Atlantic. Making the occasional TV appearance like a geordie Vikingo with his token championship.

----

Not Trios related, but no Brawl Out saves us all from the Ocho. No Grand Slam Tournament of Champions, no promo from Jericho about his 8th World Championship. Leading to him going after the ROH World title to keep his funny (to him) catchphrase going. 

Edited by Infinity Land

12 hours ago, Vamp said:

I think he'll main event one night of WrestleMania, find out its not that satisfying, that there's always something someone has that's better than what he has, and it'll unravel into misery again but I hope that doesn't happen. More for his wife's sake than anything else. 

I agree with this. Beats Rollins for World Heavyweight Title then will complain it's not 'the belt' and feel he's being shitted on again.

I honestly feel he will wind up back in aew once he leaves wwe on bad terms again.

For all the ups and downs I do genuinely hope he finds some happiness and closure somewhere. It must be exhausting being miserable all the time and having something you love impact you in such a negative way. He's got a real chance at finding himself and getting on the right path again. There aren't many second or third chances in life for many people.

58 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

I agree with this. Beats Rollins for World Heavyweight Title then will complain it's not 'the belt' and feel he's being shitted on again.

I honestly feel he will wind up back in aew once he leaves wwe on bad terms again.

So now we're ragging on the guy for things we think he might do?!

11 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

For all the ups and downs I do genuinely hope he finds some happiness and closure somewhere. It must be exhausting being miserable all the time and having something you love impact you in such a negative way.

I mean, presumably it's not affecting him that badly. No one held a gun to his head (...that I'm aware of) and said that he had to return to WWE. I think there's an important distinction to be made here, and that is the distinction between feeling frustrated with something and feeling miserable. It seems like his return to AEW sparked his passion for wrestling again; but he didn't like the way things operated behind the scenes. 

Clearly he reacts badly to things he'd be better off ignoring and he can be his own worst enemy (had he just ignored the Hangman Page comment that riled him, no fan at all would be thinking twice about it now), but I don't think that means he's walking around feeling miserable. It seems to me that he actually does want to wrestle. 

Edited by RedRooster

48 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

So now we're ragging on the guy for things we think he might do?!

Well he does have a history of being put in great positions and getting upset because there is something better he didn't get.

Gets a high profile top match vs Orton at Mania? Complains publicly he should of been in the main event vs Cena because he believed he was more over than Miz (which he wasn't).

Gets to defend the WWE Championship vs Jericho at a Mania? Complains he's not in the main event which went to Rock vs Cena.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

The curmudgeonly cynicism on display in this thread is very Punkian.

Curmudgeonly cynicism is a word combo I didn't expect to be reading this morning Dazzler, but it does accurately describe the general tone of the posts. 

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

Gets to defend the WWE Championship vs Jericho at a Mania? Complains he's not in the main event which went to Rock vs Cena.

Tbf he actually said the year after he wanted to be in the match with them after he lost the title to The Rock at the Rumble. He said he would’ve been fine if it was an elimination match and he went out in a couple of minutes if it meant being in the main event. Instead he got that great match with The Undertaker. I’m sure he understood why that first match between Rock and Cena was the main event and wouldn’t have been too upset by it (maybe).