CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Merzbow said:

I think Punk would try, it's just that he'd get shut the fuck down.

Innit, I get it, you don't like the man, no need to invent cowardly negative qualities about him, he's got enough real ones. It reminds me of when people on here would say Brandi Rhodes looked furious scowling she didn't get a huge pop at some show or other, then you watch it back and she didn't do anything of the sort. 

5 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Innit, I get it, you don't like the man, no need to invent cowardly negative qualities about him, he's got enough real ones. It reminds me of when people on here would say Brandi Rhodes looked furious scowling she didn't get a huge pop at some show or other, then you watch it back and she didn't do anything of the sort. 

I think manning up to Mox in the first place is a little less than cowardly, in fact I think Punk has the balls to step to anyone and that's the thing. It's just that Mox wouldn't listen.

And I don't dislike him, he's still one of my fav ever wrestlers. Fuck, in a weird way I actually admire him and the way he doesn't give a shit about TK really.

Edited by Merzbow

2 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Actually, I think that's fair. Yeah, he may try, but he wouldn't succeed.

26 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

So the Jack Perry glass story is actually weeks and weeks old, JP actually had permission from the top to use glass/car window but Punk pulled his owner of Collision card and told him fuck no. I can see why Jack would be pissed, another wrestler has just gone over even TK's head to tell him what to do.

At the risk of coming across as the resident CM Punk defender (I actually like all involved and think the entire situation is quite depressing), but the initial report said that a few staff, including Tony Schiavone, asked Punk to speak with Perry because he wasn’t taking no for an answer. If it is now being reported that Perry had permission from the top brass then it’s just another example of shite wrestling reporters not knowing their arse from their elbows and, let’s be honest, people are going to believe whichever story supports their “side” regardless.

This Miro thing is the same. One report says they almost had a scrap, the other report says they joked about having a scrap. One of them is wrong but I bet I know which one people will believe depending on their allegiance.

Irresponsible journalists (and I use the word journalists loosely) are absolutely butchering this. Reporting on every single piece of gossip they hear is helping nobody.

Mind you, I did have a good laugh at whoever earlier in this thread suggested Punk purposely toppled the monitors onto Tony Khan. I hope he shouted IT’S CLOBBERING TIME beforehand.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I think manning up to Mox in the first place is a little less than cowardly, in fact I think Punk has the balls to step to anyone and that's the thing. It's just that Mox wouldn't listen.

And I don't dislike him, he's still one of my fav ever wrestlers. Fuck, in a weird way I actually admire him and the way he doesn't give a shit about TK really.

I was agreeing with you! Not clear from my atrocious posting, but I was addressing the post you were replying to. 

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Slapnut said:

Irresponsible journalists (and I use the word journalists loosely) are absolutely butchering this. Reporting on every single piece of gossip they hear is helping nobody.

Following the Brawl Out incident Fightful's subscriber numbers went through the roof. It's absolutely in their interests to posts every bit of gossip as sensationally as possible to make as much money out of it as they can. They don't give a shit about actually verifying information or proper reporting standards because none of them are actual real journalists.