CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

16 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

everyone (not on here I should say)

People seem to send a lot of time on the UKFF arguing with people who don't post here.

19 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Well that was about as explosive as the Exploding Barbed Wire Match

If that interview is considered inflammatory or kicking a hornet’s nest, then, either:

1) Wade Keller is as soft as cooked beans,

2) The expectation is that CM Punk comes back, keeps his head down, plays in his new sandbox, and says nothing (to ‘defend himself’) or

3) Relating to point 1, we’ve just seen an example played out live of some wrestling media stirring things and casting a negative shadow over CM Punk (who sometimes needs no help) like his most ardent fans and supporters, such as Cornette and Last, have always argued.

It was good to hear from him (as he had kept quiet or been silenced), though my prevailing thought is it is his side of things. I recognise the imbalance as we’ve not heard directly from any of the other parties, though some wrestling writers have conveyed their side.

But in general, there’s nothing particularly new that I learned from it. 

I’m waiting to watch Collision to see how it pans out and if the success of that and the focussing of minds on Dynamite (and vice versa) can raise the tide and lift all ships in AEW.

Edited by uklaw

I’m a Punk fan, so may be I’m being biased, but looking at the views above I’m thinking I’m not, that interview “making matters worse”, seemed a bit of an exaggeration, and didn’t seem to be anything new coming out from it.

Looking forward to tomorrow’s return!

It's kind of interesting that they've hyped his first thing back as a match rather than a promo. I'm sure he'll still do one, possibly one of his "they don't want me to say this" promos after the match. I can't help but think people are going to be more interested in what he says than him winning a 6 man tag. 

Presumably by this stage his promo could be written by an AI though. "I love professional wrestling. Ice cream! I'm all about the young guys! Unlike everyone else. Ice cream! Playground insult. Ice cream! I told them I wanted to do this and this because I'm really cool. Like ice cream! Who likes ice cream? Shoot! Ice cream."