Miscast wrestlers

RedRooster

Inspired by recent discussion about Buddy Matthews' role in the House of Black...

What wrestlers stand out to you - like poor Buddy - as being horrendously unsuited to the role they were given?

I'm not looking for bad gimmicks here - rather, people who just couldn't pull off whatever was asked of them. 

1 minute ago, gmoney said:

Tay Conti isn't a great babyface, but she's a rotten heel. Completely unnatural. 

While there are positives, I can absolutely see why WWE released her. 

Here's one...

Randy Orton's 2004 WWE Run Was Ruined By His Own Immaturity

Not Randy Orton, but Randy Orton as the kind of babyface they tried to have him portray in 2004. It was so very apparent very early on that it wasn't going to work. If you watch it back, it almost feels as if you could lift the lines he was saying and have John Cena say them. Either their approach to babyface wrestlers was very generic, or they were looking for a certain kind of babyface before they actually found them (or a bit of both, I suppose). 

Having a newly minted babyface spit in the face of the heel and then run away was never going to work. Orton's legs as face were done from the very start by Triple H. He was over as fuck as the cool heel coming out of beating Benoit for the title, but he must not have worn enough leather and denim combos for Trips liking.

• Paid Members

Brian Pillman Jr in his current role as a knockoff Kenny Omega.
I quite liked him and Griff Garrison as the Varsity Blondes but once Julia Hart left the writing was on the wall. Brian Pillman Jr should have been a heel after the team split but instead they both vanished off TV forever and now Brian Pillman Jr is back as some really bad Kenny Omega Lite when he is smug and unlikeable on his own.
They did a segment with Arn and Brock Anderson the other week on one of the Youtube shows trying to form a new group and then they all vanished again.

I would say he's a combination of being miscast but also AEW inconsistently booking the lower and mid cards.

Drew McIntyre getting brought back to the main roster as Ziggler’s heavy with his hair slicked over his face after his solid comeback face run in NXT. Took them a good 18+ months to realise it wasn’t working so turned him face based on the reaction to him eliminating Brock and winning the 2020 Rumble

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Brian Pillman Jr in his current role as a knockoff Kenny Omega.
I quite liked him and Griff Garrison as the Varsity Blondes but once Julia Hart left the writing was on the wall. Brian Pillman Jr should have been a heel after the team split but instead they both vanished off TV forever and now Brian Pillman Jr is back as some really bad Kenny Omega Lite when he is smug and unlikeable on his own.
They did a segment with Arn and Brock Anderson the other week on one of the Youtube shows trying to form a new group and then they all vanished again.

I would say he's a combination of being miscast but also AEW inconsistently booking the lower and mid cards.

Aren't they on dark with a few other guys as the latest incarnation of the Horsemen? 

Emmalina.

Which is a bit of a weird one, incredibly hot woman who does a lot of Instagram photo shoots couldn't pull off gimmick of "incredibly hot woman who does a lot of Instagram photo shoots".

I guess there's a different level of confidence between posting IG thirst traps and acting like that in front of a live audience.

• Paid Members

Hulk Hogan as the Third Man. Hear me out.

Hogan turning heel was a great moment and absolutely the right thing for him in terms of career longevity and becoming more interesting for a bit. But very shortly he switched the whole dynamic of the Outsiders/nWo from the groundbreaking and unpredictable invasion to it being all about him, and Hall and Nash lost some of their cool by association. When the nWo are very shortly teasing adding the Nasty Boys and Beefcake, then actually adding Virgil, Million Dollar Man, IRS and Boss Man, it very much has the stink of “WWF retirement home” they were already accused of for pushing Hogan and (perhaps unfairly) Macho Man. And his first defences were Flair, Savage and 100 year old Roddy Piper. Pretty sure people tuning in for the nWo rivalry did it in spite of Hollywoods droning promos, and were mainly invested in the Wolfpack.

As an aside, I only just realized that Kid/Syxx/X-Pac managed to leave the WWF and return within a couple of weeks of bookending the 83 week losing streak. A coincidence I think would amuse Waltman greatly considering the on air barbs between him and Hogan.