Money In The Bank - O2 London

Merzbow

1 hour ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Considered booking flights and hotel to take my son down from Glasgow for this but on top of extortionate London hotel prices I think its extremely unlikely we would get tickets.

Clash At The Castle may have had trouble shifting tickets but Cardiff is nowhere near as easy as London is for people to get to. 

On top of that 02 in London is 15-17,000 isn't it? Principality stadium has 4 times the number of tickets available.

If only the people who actually wanted to go bought tickets then 15k would sell out inside the first 10 minutes.

Factor in the number of scalpers and even the main ticket sellers taking a % to re-sell at increased prices via their own platforms and this will be a nightmare sadly.

I wonder whether there's any scope to try and move it to Wembley if the demand is big enough because I think they could sell it out comfortably.

Clash at the castle had a lot of hype as it had been 30 years since an event close to thst scale. If there are 17000 tickets on sale then that will sell fairly quickly and for those travelling I'm not sure it's worth investing in unless you get tickets. As the cheapest package is $330 I imagine there will be no cheap tickets (under £100) and they will take a tidy amount from ticket sales alone so I'm sure they will be fine. It is Money in the bank so it has big matches that don't really need big names, so you don't need to bring Reigns or any other part timer. 

Edit: can't move to Wembley as Def Leppard and Motley Crue are playing there that day. 

Edited by westlondonmist

53 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Not always that easy though is it? All down to availability and cost.

If they can run a venue like this at likely an instant sell out vs the potential struggle of another stadium show I can see why they would.

Wasn't one of the bonuses of Clash at the Castle was that it was almost a bought show from the Welsh?

Spurs stadium would have been a decent location you have to imagine if NFL are happy to use it.

We have booked a Holiday Inn with free cancellation - will wait till we have tickets before looking at flights down from Glasgow. Imagine, like everyone else, that’s gonna be the struggle.

Not in a position anymore to be able to justify a WWE holiday - that ship has set sail - but good luck to those who do. 

The back and forth over the economics of it will be fascinating and something I will partake in myself but - whatever else is happening in the world - these are the good times for a fan on these isles surely. 

There's a PPV with ladder matches happening! MITB is still the king of the b shows - law of diminishing returns and all. 

This is a luxury of the network era. These premium live events are no longer as time zone dependent as most people who have already given WWE their monthly fee will watch it at a time that suits them that week. 

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, FUM said:

Spurs stadium would have been a decent location you have to imagine if NFL are happy to use it.

It's in the comparative arsehole of nowhere and doesn't justify the hastle for a B+ show that won't draw anything near capacity; if they thought it would sell out they may as well go the whole hog and tarp off the top tier of Wembley Stadium, getting the same numbers and be a lot easier to move the gear around.

1 hour ago, FUM said:

We have booked a Holiday Inn with free cancellation - will wait till we have tickets before looking at flights down from Glasgow. Imagine, like everyone else, that’s gonna be the struggle.

Plot twist - Craven Cottage....

57 minutes ago, seph said:

It's in the comparative arsehole of nowhere and doesn't justify the hastle for a B+ show that won't draw anything near capacity; if they thought it would sell out they may as well go the whole hog and tarp off the top tier of Wembley Stadium, getting the same numbers and be a lot easier to move the gear around.

It's home of a premier League team, hosts 2 major NFL games a year, has hosted Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury title fights, Lady Gaga and Guns N Roses.  It's far and wide the most state of the art stadium in the UK and one of the best in the world.  WWE wouldn't think twice about using it!  Tottenham is also only a 7 minute tube journey from Kings Cross and Euston stations via Seven Sisters station for example and has the Stansted Express with direct airport links at Tottenham Hale.  In addition to six different bus routes that stop outside the stadium running 24/7 that will take you all over London. 

In terms of being in the middle of nowhere that would be a term more suited to the O2 which is an absolute chore, and having attended at least 50 gigs at the 02 I'd say it's by far the worst post show venue to catch the tube from as the ques are ridiculous.  You'd also be spoilt for choice of good pubs and places to eat at the Spurs without being pushed into the over priced chains in the 02.

Wembley Stadium and Wembley Arena are great places to visit these days, so much around them now including Box Park.  But anyone remember ten years back going to a gig at Wembley? There was absolutely nothing aside from the Wimpy of the high road.  That place has gone through an insane regeneration!

Edited by Bohan

I saw Soft Cell at the O2 a few years ago and stayed at the Raddison over the river and in the morning we sat down eating the buffet breakfast for about ten minutes before staff came over to tell us it wasnt complimentary,  it was going to be 40 bullets each. The way the guy looked at us when we found out is one of those things you just never forget but since it was our fault we obviously paid it and very quickly and politely left.

Please don't get stung with 80 quid breakfast, be aware.

Edited by Cannibal Man

15 minutes ago, Healy52003 said:

Got a bit of luck and awaiting a confirmation email. A lot of money I know but its a passion of mine and could be a lot worse things I'm spending my hard earned $$ on 

Delighted I got a ticket and will really look forward to the occasion like I did CATC.

Hope it's ok to ask but what package did you go for? The prices are insane!  The top tier package is around 8 grand, I've been to 5 Wrestlemania's and Royal Rumble and the price of that package is probably more than my return flights and show tickets for all my trips combined!  Saying that though, fair play to you because if I could afford it then I probably wouldn't think twice about snapping up one of those early tickets!

I'm hoping to secure tickets in the 100s section, anything more than £120 though I'll be priced out.  May have to settle for a cheapish seat in the top tier even then I can't see those seats being less than £75.

20 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I do wonder if they got notice of when AEW is over here or when they were going to announce the date this year and preempted them.

I honestly don’t think AEW entered their mind at any point regarding this.

This show is at the end of WWE’s UK tour (bar Cardiff the day after), which was announced a month ago. They’ve just waited a few weeks for the initial burst of ticket sales and Christmas-related purchases to die down before announcing an event they know will definitely sell out. 

In fact, a byproduct of this will probably lead to more sales for the house shows from those disappointed not to get MITB tickets or from the general hype from this announcement. Win-win for them.

21 minutes ago, Cannibal Man said:

I saw Soft Cell at the O2 a few years ago and stayed at the Raddison over the river and in the morning we sat down eating the buffet breakfast for about ten minutes before staff came over to tell us it wasnt complimentary,  it was going to be 40 bullets each. The way the guy looked at us when we found out is one of those things you just never forget but since it was our fault we obviously paid it and very quickly and politely left.

Please don't get stung with 80 quid breakfast, be aware.

At 40 quid a head they could forget me quickly and politely leaving. I'd still be there eating it today.