WWE Network 2023

Hannibal Scorch

4 hours ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

During Summerslam I had to turn off the screensaver thing on my fire stick because if I just let it play for 10 minutes or whatever it would start acting like it was idle. The app is so shit is can't even acknowledge that it was playing a video! And when I had to go back in not only was there no option to resume from where I left off, but there was no option to even watch from the start, so I had to go to watch live, be at risk of spoiling anyone getting their hand raised/lifting a title etc then rewind back. It's absolutely worthless.

This only happens on the firestick i own. The smart TV version is fine regards this

• Paid Members

The only reason I got a firestick in the first place was because in 2019 the Network weirdly decided that my bloody good Samsung 4K/HDR 2016 model telly was too archaic to bother keeping their smart app on!

I've never had an issue with the app itself until now though, in playback or layout, now both are disastrous.

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

I watched SummerSlam on the Xbox one app.

Oddly, I watched the first hour or so, then returned to it and pressed resume on the continue watching thumbnail. It took me back to the beginning.

Watched about another hour, then went back to it, pressed resume and it picked up where I left off. No logic.

And the rewind option is a mess.

With this and the switch of NFL Gamepass (off topic alert!) to DAZN who’ve made a right royal mess of it, I don’t seem to have much luck with my subscription services.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, SpykeDudlei1 said:

With this and the switch of NFL Gamepass (off topic alert!) to DAZN who’ve made a right royal mess of it, I don’t seem to have much luck with my subscription services.

DAZN can fuck off as well. £20/month?

Went to cancel my subscription recently because I wasn’t watching anything on it. Go to my account on app. “Please use website to manage your account.” Go to my account on website. “Please call.” Urgh.

Call number, tell agent I want to cancel. “OK. Whilst I’m pulling up your account, can I ask why you want to cancel?” Yeah, I don’t use it. Is that not a good enough reason? No. Agent just goes into full-on pitch mode, offering me deal after deal after deal. “Sound good?” “No. I just want to cancel, please.”

So, after agent has exhausted all options at trying to get me to stay, tells me my account will have one last charge and then end. Ask why. “Oh, we have a 30-day cancellation term”. Fuck’s sake. What an absolute grift.

Any other subscription service lets you cancel and your subscription ends on your next billing date. They also let you cancel the same way as you subscribe (online). But no, not DAZN. Expensive as fuck and make it as difficult as possible to leave, and when you do leave, sting you with one final month’s fee. 

Edited by Your Fight Site

• 3 weeks later...

Is the Network working for anyone these days? It's continuing to skip back a second or two very frequently for me. Extremely annoying.

I really wanted to watch some Terry Funk matches after the news of his passing, but the Network made it frustratingly impossible to do. I'm attempting to watch Payback now and it's still doing the skip back. Just a really poor app, isn't it? It also had a language other than English to start, for no conceivable reason. 

Does anyone have a fix for the skipping/buffering? Every other VOD app on my television works fine. It's only the Network I have issues with. 

I've not had the network since maybe the first year, renewed it recently to watch Summerslam but cancelled already. Like others have said, found the homepage/search etc extremely difficult. Once a show was played the lagging was awful. Probably my firestick to blame to a point but that's all I've got so a no from me.

Roku is still the least problematic way to watch the network.

Since the update they’ve taken away the option to go to the ‘next match’, instead allow you to skip 4 minutes along the time line line. It’s not perfect but it’s the not the worst either. 
They also have a ‘quick skip’ rewind and fast forward option, which was in the last version too and worked better.

I know people had a right flap about the first time they redesigned it all, but I came to actually quite like it. It had teething problems initially which seems to be the style, but I came to rewalky like the layout of it all and it was easy to navigate. So naturally they changed it into a right mess. As far as I can tell everything that was there before the redesign is still there, you just need a PhD in order to find certain things

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, burchybabi said:

I was reading that the 'Superfan - The Story Of Vladimir' documentary has finally been released for anyone that's interested

I watched it at the weekend and it's pretty damn good. The sort of thing WWE were producing fairly regularly before they decided to fuck off original content. 

Vlad seems like a decent fella. It's rough to watch in parts as he talks about going to some really dark places following the death of a family member. It was heartening to see how the wrestlers reacted to and treated him though. Genuine affection. 

Always thought Vlad was a cool guy and the documentary just proved it, I got choked up when he spoke about his personal issues and then felt the warmth of seeing his face light up when Trips and Steph gave him the framed title backstage as well as the likes of KO and Priest marking out almost just by talking to him