TNA… Cross the Line again

garynysmon

• Paid Members
On 5/9/2023 at 1:15 PM, Vegeta said:

I would love impact to come to South wales here, I would be first in line 

Taking south Wales to impact by the looks of it.

Joe Hendry, Nick Aldis and now Subculture. UK tour anyone?

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

🎵 Woah! Woah! We own the night! Woah! Woah! 🎵

11/5/23

👍 Galdem - Impact Knockouts setup is among the very best for what I'd consider to be mainstream women's wrestling at the moment. WWE and AEW will constantly tell us that their women are brilliant (and for the most part they are), but Impact actually physically backs this up by constantly showcasing them in a prominent manner. Here, they took the two most important spots on the show as both the opener to set the tone and then the main event to close the show. Amazing how that can make a division like a big deal, isn't it? The opener was a fine showcase for both Kelly and Slamovich - the finish confused me at first watching it and perhaps they could have gone with an alternative there (i.e a big beatdown afterwards) but it was a really good standard. The main event was really energetic and it's nice to see the tag champions, the actual team, getting the win against the two big singles stars. Then Naomi rocks up for the save post-match to continue that buzz. Lots to love about how Impact is promoting their Knockouts presently and the lasses are responding in kind with some excellent efforts between the ropes. 

👍 Maclin/Rhino - Before we get to the match, thought the video package they put together pre-match for Rhino was absolutely great and an excellent presentation of his Impact/TNA contributions to date. The match itself started quite slow but picked up nicely down the stretch, and I never mind when a World title match does that because if done correctly it can really suck you in for the ride. The post-match beatdown on Rhino and smashing the chair wrapped round his ankle with a bi ol' spade was a cracking visual. Maclin's a despicable bastard as Impact champion and it's a really good dynamic. Smashing stuff. 

👍 Dango/Swinger - The Dango/Hendry skits are absolutely superb and they've got two of the best entrances in the game presently. As a wider angle rather than looking at the short match here, good comedy value. 

👍 Aldis fuss - Short but sweet showcase for the Norfolk boy against Sheldon Jean. Big pop for the King's Lynn cloverleaf. I do think Aldis is overall best suited to a heel persona, but let's see where this babyface return run goes for now. Always a thumbs up for the most famous person born in my hometown since Alan Partridge. 

👍 Decay/Good Hands - Taurus is great value - short and stocky with good power, yet can also move around as if he's a luchadore that's light as a feather. Good standard of in-ring work again here. I'm totally ambivalent towards Bryan Myres though I'm afraid. 

👎 Naomi - Why paint the nipples on to her costume?! It didn't work for Batman back in the day. 

👎 As well as spooky bollocks in wrestling, eFed style culty bollocks like the Design business can also get in the bin in 2023. 

Overall - Top show this week, lots of good in-ring performances and the angles for Under Siege are bubbling along nicely. I believe in Impact as much as I believe in Joe Hendry. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

Whilst I really like Mark Andrews and think its a shame hes never been fully given a proper crack at it, there's just something about Flash Morgan Webster that I just can't get on board with and I can't quite put my finger on what it is. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Nick James said:

Whilst I really like Mark Andrews and think its a shame hes never been fully given a proper crack at it, there's just something about Flash Morgan Webster that I just can't get on board with and I can't quite put my finger on what it is. 

I think it's just that everything about his look and gimmick has big time BritWres stink on it. I don't even think I've ever seen the guy wrestle, but I took one one look at him and decided I wasn't having any of it.

14 hours ago, Nick James said:

He's a solid enough wrestler but not spectacular enough to shine past the mod gimmick, which I'm pretty sure he still uses. 

• Paid Members
On 5/12/2023 at 2:17 PM, DavidB6937 said:

The least they could do is wheel out Dixie Carter for a big announcement.

She'd have to announce the announcement as well.

• Paid Members

Must say that I've really enjoyed the past two weeks of episodes. They're building up well to Under Siege, which looks like a very solid card for an Impact + special (i.e part of the £5 a month Youtube package which includes the weekly eps).

PCO v Steve Maclin sounds great on paper doesn't it?

I think its partially the louder and fuller Chicago crowd, but I do like the number of under/midcard feuds which keeps most of the roster busy. Never thought that Trey Miguel had a heel character in him but he's really pulling it off.

Impact World Championship No DQ Match:
Steve Maclin vs. PCO

Impact Knockouts World Championship Match:
Deonna Purrazzo vs. Jordynne Grace

Impact X-Division Championship Match:
Trey Miguel vs. Chris Sabin

Digital Media Championship Match: Dirty Dango v Joe Hendry

Six-Way Impact World Championship #1 Contenders Scramble Match:
Moose vs. Eddie Edwards vs. Jonathan Gresham vs. Yuya Uemura vs. Frankie Kazarian vs. Alex Shelley

Trinity vs. Gisele Shaw

Nick Aldis vs. Kenny King

Sami Callihan, Rich Swann and TBA vs. The Design (Big Kon, Deaner, Alan Angels)

Edited by garynysmon