1 hour ago, Louch said:

Dynamite sets itself such a high standard that even shows that are just watchable and not offensive get tarred as terrible. I doubt those who believed it wasn’t great, of which I am one, don’t grudge the 100 mins spent watching it 

How many people said it was terrible? And how many just debated that some stuff wasn't as good? People rarely shit all over Dynamite completely.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Louch said:

Dynamite sets itself such a high standard that even shows that are just watchable and not offensive get tarred as terrible

But no one has tarred it as a terrible. The general (and accurate) consensus is that the opener was good, the main event brilliant and the middle was below average/bad.

I don't understand why this has been an issue for some posters this week.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

This seems like a circular conversation. Dynamite has a week where not everything is great, people discuss what could have been better, someone (usually Matthew) makes a snarky comment about how we are all so negative about everything, then people who are always AEW's biggest champions, justify everyone's comments. How anyone can say that this place is negative towards AEW, clearly don't read this thread on the regular. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Louch said:

Dynamite sets itself such a high standard that even shows that are just watchable and not offensive get tarred as terrible.

I think it's also been a week where WWE has clearly hit a years-long high-point in terms of setting up and paying off a storyline - it's one thing when even a subpar show is still the best show of the week, but another when a subpar week makes it a less interesting show than the competitor.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

But no one has tarred it as a terrible. The general (and accurate) consensus is that the opener was good, the main event brilliant and the middle was below average/bad.

I don't understand why this has been an issue for some posters this week.

It's been an issue for some people because everything on Dynamite has to be defended by the AEW Ultras. It's the same for every "Fandom" 

On 2/2/2023 at 10:20 PM, Tsurutagun said:

Annnnnnnnd there it is

Ukff members saying a Dynamite was rubbish when everyone else says it was good. Just like a period it happens once a month lol

I think you, and some others, are perhaps missing exactly why some posters (myself included) were down on this show. The wrestling quality is fantastic, it pretty much always is on AEW. If good matches are what makes a show for you, you’re probably going to enjoy every episode of Dynamite.

While I obviously can’t (and wouldn’t try to) speak for everyone here, what a lot of us need to feel investment in these good matches are strong storylines to compliment this and create investment. There wasn’t much of that at all this week, unfortunately. We all know that AEW is capable of compelling story-led television,  but often Tony Khan seems to get caught in the trap of thinking quality wrestling on its own is enough. For some people, it absolutely is, but for a good number of people, they need a little more to be able to sink their teeth into. 

Edited by RedRooster

2 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

He’s been injured for a while no?

Out since Blood & Guts which would be end of June.

According to Konnan, Santana wasn't on the best of terms with Ortiz. His contract was up in September with him doing some tweets that could be seen as hinting towards that with number days left and Soon. There's been plenty of rumours at the time and since that he was on his way out or at least trying free agency. Then he got hurt and any plans he had ended and its been pretty much radio silence from him.

At worst he's gotten his contract extended due to injury, that doesn't mean he'll be back. Considering how plenty of people have sat at home and Tony Khan has handled certain releases. Which is why it's a fingers crossed he'll be back on TV at some point.