Stuff that will age terribly

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

In a couple of decades time, when they wheel out Christopher Biggins and Gyles Brandreth on Channel 5's restrospective of the early 2020's, what things will they be saying 'you couldn't make that now' and 'as a nation, we must have gone ABSOLUTELY POTTY' and the like about?

Inspired by LadBaby in the Kunts Christmas thread - the bloom already feels like it is coming off the rose a bit, but surely these ghouls will be recognised for the money-grabbing shitehawks they are in the fullness of time.

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

David Walliams seems to be going that way too. From Little Britain to his stereotypical kids books to questionable things at BGT.

And I can guarantee that there will be lots of, 'no one realised he a was a massive cunt', when the signs have been flashing like traffic lights for ages.

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members

I’m hoping Alexander Boris Johnson. Sure, most people accept him and his cronies have caused short and long term damage, but people still like and defend him. A Lot of whom will possibly die this year due to hypothermia by not being able to afford their heating bill, but I hope his run in politics ages like a rotten egg. 

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

And I can guarantee that they'll be lots of, 'no one realised he a was a massive cunt', when the signs have been flashing like traffic lights for ages.

I know a lot of people in the children's publishing world and there are a lot of open secrets about him that no one outright says because he has a pack of lawyers that strike out at even the slightest hint of anything getting out and naturally people are too scared to risk their careers. There's a lot of young ladies who worked with him who have signed NDA's. And there's a chapter of his autobiography that wasn't published which journalists have been trying to get their hands on for years (it has strong Jaime/Cersei Lannister vibes according to rumour).

Additionally I know someone who used to run the signing events at a major bookshop and has met every celeb going and they said that Walliams is the biggest, nastiest cunt they met by a significant margin.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

Robbie Williams, his CD's will be blocking up charity shops in a few years and people will be aksing how did he ever become famous?

I have a sneaking admiration for some people who do well despite having no talent, and the Robster is near the top of that list. Also loved it when he started adding raps mid way through his songs for no reason and they were universally terrible.

One of the worst lyricists in history. Any excuse to post the lyrics for Party Like a Russian.

Spoiler
It takes a certain kind of man with a certain reputation
To alleviate the cash from a whole entire nation
Take my loose change and build my own space station
(Just because you can, man)
Ain't no refutin' or disputin' I'm a modern Rasputin
Subcontract disputes to some brutes in Louboutin
Act highfalootin' while my boys put the boot in
(They do the can-can)
Spasibo
Party like a Russian
End of discussion
Dance like you've got concussion, oh
Put a doll inside a doll
Party like a Russian
Disco seduction
Party like a Russian, oh
Have it like an oligarch
I got Stoli and Bolly and Molly, so I'm jolly
And I'm always off my trolley, so I never say sorry
There's a doll, inside a doll, inside a doll, inside a dolly
(Hello, Dolly)
I put a bank inside a car, inside a plane, inside a boat
It takes half the western world just to keep my ship afloat
And I never ever smile unless there's something to promote
I just won't emote
Spasibo
Party like a Russian
End of discussion
We've got soul and we've got gold
Party like a Russian
Disco seduction
Party like a Russian, oh
Have it like an oligarch
Раз, два, три, четыре
We're the Russian boys, we're everywhere
There's revolution in the air!
Oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh
Party like a Russian
End of discussion
Put a doll inside a doll
Party like a Russian
Disco seduction
Party like a Russian, oh
Have it like an oligarch

• Paid Members

Unpopular opinion but seemingly half the population plastering themselves with tattoos.

Its hard to believe there will be 80 year olds walking around with chest tattoos and squiggles on their faces.

“They’ll regret that when they’re older” is me turning into my dad at an alarming rate.

Edited by garynysmon

Rumour has it a certain comedian is extremely litigious when it comes to protecting his Brand and rumours of things he may or may not have done to women. I’d imagine a few ‘free thinkers’ might look back on their support of him in a few years. One poster on here will certainly have nothing to sing about if the rumours are true. 

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

I have a sneaking admiration for some people who do well despite having no talent, and the Robster is near the top of that list. Also loved it when he started adding raps mid way through his songs for no reason and they were universally terrible.

You'll enjoy this then:

The horror...the horror...

• Paid Members

Me. I'll be in my 50s. And if this site still exists I'll probably still be posting here. Not sure if that's incredibly sad or quite exciting...perhaps a bit of both. 

On topic in off topic (or should that be off topic for on topic?), but The Undertaker. His remarks have already been controversial in terms of his macho nonsense and remarks about people playing video games in the lockeroom etc. There will be more that comes out about what a bad bloke he is. 

Qatar 2022. More will come out about the shady nature of hosting the tournament. 

Perhaps one to look ahead to rather than look back on when the time comes, but I nominate The London Underground. It's already severely cramped and a lot of the stock is massively out of date now. Some of it will be replaced but a lot of the network will still have stock that's 30/40 or possibly even 50 years old by then. If you think it's unpleasant now, wait until then. At some point I think lines will need to close because of severe overcrowding. The Elizabeth line is a separate entity built with future capacity in mind, so there's that at least. 

• Paid Members

Nando's. Decades from now, nobody will understand what a cultural phenomenon going for a "cheeky Nando's" was for a whole generation of wankers.

EDIT - just realized I've missed the point a bit, so I'm going to go with Nicki Minaj. Everyone will look back and go "I can't believe we let our children listen to such filth" because they haven't actually listened to the lyrics yet.

Edited by air_raid