AEW Full Gear 2022

LaGoosh

40 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

I absolutely fucking loath the idea of FTR reverting back to being MJF's lackies.

Is it any worse than being on dynamite once a month doing things of no value?

• Paid Members

The word 'Interim' should never be used again. Hayter should have been crowned properly, not with an asterisk. There's a really good babyface in there as well, going by the way she spoke in her media call. She's great.

Spears knows:

Regal slipping the Knucks to MJF was unnecessary. Russo-riffic heel turns for heel turns sake. If they wanted to go the way of MJF cheating to win, they could have had some subtlety in it and have Regal at least look like he's sliding them to Mox before MJF gets them first.

Other than the 'interim' part, we definitely have the right Women's and Men's champions currently. 

After years of fans chanting CM Punk to 'Stick it to the man', it's hilarious that the chant is now 'Fuck CM Punk'.

leaving cm punk GIF by WWE

Edited by Nick James

In a weird way I'm looking forward to Starks v Page on Dynamite. Not a match I'd readily thought about wanting to see 6months ago but now I'm intrigued with the direction the match goes and who goes into the programme with the champ. Either will do a decent job against MJF in the build up and the match should be good enough. Can't see it being 'one for the ages' but solid enough to get through the last few weeks of the year.

• Paid Members

Pretty decent show overall. Plenty of fun stuff, nothing overly bad. I don't think any match on it was a classic though. All the results were the right results. Too long and I don't think it'll be remembered as anything more than solid.

2 hours ago, Nick James said:

Russo-riffic heel turns for heel turns sake.

Jumping the gun a bit here. Let's wait till we hear Regal's motivation for turning against Mox first, aye? Russo-riffic is when someone turns heel for no reason whatsoever and no one expected it because  of how dumb it was - the fact that most people predicted a Regal turn shows that this ain't that. I can see MJF and Regal being a good pairing, like CM Punk and Paul Heyman were.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Jumping the gun a bit here. Let's wait till we hear Regal's motivation for turning against Mox first, aye? Russo-riffic is when someone turns heel for no reason whatsoever and no one expected it because  of how dumb it was - the fact that most people predicted a Regal turn shows that this ain't that. I can see MJF and Regal being a good pairing, like CM Punk and Paul Heyman were.

As I mentioned in the post the other day, logically it doesn't make sense and feels like a turn for turnings sake. That's my opinion, feels like a turn just to get another layer to the story that doesn't need another layer, just as much as MJF doesn't need a manager or mouthpiece. 

If this all makes sense in the long run, I'll eat my words and say I was wrong, but going on that one moment, it feels russo-riffic to me indeed.

• Paid Members

Thought it was a fantastic show that was dragged down by three poor women’s matches. The opening cage match and Elite match were the two best on the card, and the rest other than the fun Sting match was average. If you lose the women’s matches, and the ROH stuff it was a brilliant card.

30 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Elite/Death Triangle as a best of 7 series... going to be some great matches, but feels a bit jumping the gun on it.

Jumping the gun on what? If they've got no plans for Omega or the Bucks in any other areas then there's no harm in just having them putting bangers on with Death Triangle and making those belts seem worth something.

• Paid Members

Thought it was an absolutely solid PPV where all the results were the right calls for a change. Definitely made up for a duff period for their TV.

There are so many reasons for Regal to have helped MJF that I’m excited to see which one. Is it guilt, is it because he thinks Mox got lazy, is it a pact with the devil? 

The reaction to the Elite was incredible. Anyone thinking TK should have sided with Punk and dumped the Elite was an idiot. The match itself was brilliant. Great end too.

Oh and book Jade Cargill for the Thundercats movie you cowardly Hollywood Execs.

3 hours ago, Nick James said:

The word 'Interim' should never be used again. Hayter should have been crowned properly, not with an asterisk. There's a really good babyface in there as well, going by the way she spoke in her media call. She's great.

I totally agree with this. That was arguably one of their strongest women’s matches to date, yet it was so hard to care, because ‘interim’.

1 hour ago, Nick James said:

As I mentioned in the post the other day, logically it doesn't make sense and feels like a turn for turnings sake. That's my opinion, feels like a turn just to get another layer to the story that doesn't need another layer, just as much as MJF doesn't need a manager or mouthpiece.

I’m not sure I agree with this, though. Regal’s turn can definitely be explained in a logical way; although there certainly wasn’t logic to the end of that match. What if stopping MJF from using the Dynamite Diamond had cost him the match? I’d love to know what they’d had planned for Punk/MJF, though. I suspect the storyline would have been stronger, although I’ll take a Regal/MJF pairing over anything to do with Stokely any day of the week.

I was massively disappointed to see the trios feud turn into a best of seven series. I really want to see The Elite cut their first promo, not wrestle. Although perhaps this is designed to prevent that scenario, and the legal ramifications of a slip-up. 

I hope Joe winning the TNT Title results in a unification with the TV title, even though this wasn’t mentioned. The worst part about this PPV was, as ever, ROH. I wish that brand would just go away. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

The worst part about this PPV was, as ever, ROH. I wish that brand would just go away

For a company that in it's first few years was magnificent at course correcting when fans rejected something it's pretty infuriating how stubborn they are being with this ROH stuff when clearly everyone hates it. 

Why was danhausen in a suit jacket and tie in the orange/Jericho interview? 

as good as the elite/ death triangle match was, I don’t want to see anyone wrestle 7 times in a row. It’s playing a guy in football manager to trigger an extension when he rejects your deal 

I don’t get the Regal Turn, there’s nothing in what Mox has been doing that explains why Regal would give up on him. I’ll wait and see 

jeff jarrrett just walked outta 1999 into this show. Some man