AEW Full Gear 2022

LaGoosh

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

The fatal four way also feels like a Dynamite main event. 

Or at least have that to try and sell the ROH PPV 3 weeks later.

The last minute additions are my biggest bugbear with AEW PPV. Not every PPV has to have 10+ matches and go 4hrs. Why not just save some of the matches for the followings weeks Dynamite, rather than have to throw together something else at the last minute.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Or “Stone Cold” Steve Austin

Did you have a “Steve” in Year 9??? Every Stephen/Steven at my school went by “Ste” until they grew up and realized how awful it sounds, unless they were a bit scummy and ended up as cowboy builders or dealing drugs. Or both.

We’ll have to disagree about Stone Cold, I think it’s one of the better nickname + name name monikers in wrestling history. Definitely closer to “The Crippler” Chris Benoit or Bret “Hitman” Hart than say… “The Technician” Tom Carter. Or “The Anarchist” Doug Williams, who was far closer to architecture than anarchy in the ring and out.

”Dr Death” Steven Williams definitely would have been in the exercise book. A rogue GP, his finish would be the Tazmission but he’d call it Euthanasia.

42 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Did you have a “Steve” in Year 9??? Every Stephen/Steven at my school went by “Ste” until they grew up and realized how awful it sounds, unless they were a bit scummy and ended up as cowboy builders or dealing drugs. Or both.

We’ll have to disagree about Stone Cold, I think it’s one of the better nickname + name name monikers in wrestling history. Definitely closer to “The Crippler” Chris Benoit or Bret “Hitman” Hart than say… “The Technician” Tom Carter. Or “The Anarchist” Doug Williams, who was far closer to architecture than anarchy in the ring and out.

”Dr Death” Steven Williams definitely would have been in the exercise book. A rogue GP, his finish would be the Tazmission but he’d call it Euthanasia.

I’m a Stephen and never heard of any Ste’s outside of Hollyoaks , few Even dropping to Steve. Couple of Stegs which I never understood 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Louch said:

I’m a Stephen and never heard of any Ste’s outside of Hollyoaks , few Even dropping to Steve. Couple of Stegs which I never understood 

Yep the first Ste I met was about 5 years ago and was from t’up north. Only Steve or Steven/Stephen down past the Watford Gap. The thing is though @air_raid Stone Cold is what your cup of tea is when you leave it to long (which of course is it’s origin as well). It’s over because he got it over as one of the best gimmicks of all. Right man, right gimmick, right portrayal. But don’t pretend Stone Cold isn’t any better then Jungle Boy. You’re rose tinted specs are distorting it. Both are pretty lame if you think about it.

• Paid Members

Yeah not loving this card, as is. There will be more to be added, some of which will be good stuff, though that'll end up bloating the card and dragging it out. 

The Acclaimed Vs Swerve/Lee we've seen have the potential to be both great and decent. Hopefully it's more the former. I expect the main event to be excellent. Garcia should have been in place of Sammy in the 4 way, based on the story they have been doing for months. 

Absolutely no problem with JB and Luchasaurus in a cage. That could be really good, providing they finally give Perry the win, let him go off and move forward from this feud for a while until Christian surprise attacks him in a few months when he is healthy again and ready to put Jungle Boy over in the blow off. 

Il be honest I like this card more than most recent efforts.

Top three matches should all be good and I’m hoping for proper sports entertainment shenanigans in the main event.

Jade v Rose actually might be fun, as will the tag, and there’sa refreshing lack of ROH//Japanese “serious sports” matches that I generally find tedious.  Although I assume Danielson is already taking aspirin in preparation for a jolly good bleed.

So what’s peoples thoughts on tonight, do we get any debuts/ returns? I’d like to see Hangman appear, been outta sight and mind since his concussion. Just rewatched his title win at this show last year, and aew misses him.
If my long term guess at a pinnacle reunion comes true, he’d look amazing smashing them out of the ring to end the show 

2 minutes ago, Louch said:

So what’s peoples thoughts on tonight, do we get any debuts/ returns? I’d like to see Hangman appear, been outta sight and mind since his concussion. Just rewatched his title win at this show last year, and aew misses him.
If my long term guess at a pinnacle reunion comes true, he’d look amazing smashing them out of the ring to end the show 

MJF winning. The attempt at trying to outdo the last couple of Hometown hero entrance videos. Everything else is looking decent or above. Just not sure there will be any major surprises on the horizon.

Hangman could return I suppose, try and stop PAC from using the hammer to keep things clean. Leading to the win for the Elite.

Pinnacle doesn't look like it's happening. Last night and tonight Dax is giving the impression he's at home.