AEW Full Gear 2022

LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Jungle Jack’s elbow drop was brutal because his body never hit the table so it was purely the force of his elbow driving Lucha through the table. If he got an inch less he’d have missed entirely.

• Paid Members

Finally got around to watching the pre-show. Kingston's match was great as was his teary emotional reaction afterwards. He then cut a brilliant promo hyping the PPV which is well worth seeking out. Yelling "it's 7:53, buy the goddamn pay per view!" while the commentators piss themselves laughing.

Time to give this man a mega-push on the main shows.

• Paid Members

A decent show overall, but it peaked two matches in. Jungle Boy had a career night in the opener. Both of them, really. 

I liked the story of the hammer in the trio's match, a full on heel turn for the group where Fenix and especially Pentagon, embrace the dark side is the move to make I think. 

Jeff Jarrett looked to be in phenomenal shape. Well up for him making more appearances. Satnam did a great job of doing his simple things well in here. Though Darby Allin really owes him his life for that Coffin Drop ladder spot. Jay Lethal has the worst entrance music I think I've ever heard. 

I'd love it if a wrestling show decided to order the bouts like a boxing or an MMA card some day. Bottom to top, you go on in order of importance and star power. This 'bringing the crowd up and down' stuff is a pile of nonsense. 

Also, somebody is going to get paralysed in an AEW ring someday. So, so, so many people getting dropped on their heads and taking ridiculous, reckless bumps. Also way too much finisher spamming on this show, especially on that Hayter/Storm match. 

12 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Eh, I'm not convinced they need to tiptoe around a guy that attacked their friends verbally, themselves verbally, then physically, then cost them a couple of months of work. 

They are the Executive Vice Presidents of a multi million dollar business.

• Paid Members

At the risk of turning this into another Backstage Assault thread and having the same whoppers droning on until the thread eventually gets locked, CM Punk himself is now joking about the whole thing in public.

You wonder what’s changed since the story was originally that nobody could talk about it.

Hopefully it’s the start of the whole thing being a work. Punk and FTR coming for the Trios belts. Punk vs. Omega co-headlining the show where Eddie Kingston fights MJF for the Title.

Let me dream!

7 minutes ago, Supremo said:

You wonder what’s changed since the story was originally that nobody could talk about it.

The investigation has been over for about a month and people are moving on with their lives. I don't think anyone involved will be particularly happy that it happened, and cooler heads would like to have prevented it. Fact is if the Bucks & Kenny hadn't been stuck filming bits in the arena after the show things wouldn't have happened the way they did.

Elite would obviously be pissed about the press conference, but there would have been no altercation. Next day Punk would have been booking his surgery and gone for months. Ace Steel would still have a job. Aggro over the comments could then be sorted potentially.

Brawl Out is going to follow them around like Montreal. They're going to have to accept randoms asking them "what really happened?" forever. 25 years after Montreal the people  directly involved in that still contradict each other over it. Yet they worked together again. Time will tell how this plays out.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, WeeAl said:

liked the story of the hammer in the trio's match, a full on heel turn for the group where Fenix and especially Pentagon, embrace the dark side is the move to make I think. 

Nothing worse than heel Fenix, the guy is one of the most natural babyfaces around. A big good guy star in waiting. I'm hoping an ongoing story thread of this best of 7 is the battle for Fenix's soul. After this I feel like there's not a huge amount left for Death Triangle to do left, I'd be happy with a split.

The three months of suspension may have been a blessing in disguise for Kenny Omega. The extra time off to heal up seems to have helped a lot. He looked absolutely jacked and better than he had in ages here.

Edited by LaGoosh