Extreme Rules 2022 **Spoilers**

Nick James

7 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

He didn’t seem to get much back lift and I can’t work out if he very slightly slipped or he didn’t want to get any higher. It was brutal.

Had to laugh at Cole’s ‘get down you crazy man’ like a babysitter seeing his little brother on top of the shed.

I think the narrowness of the cage made him question whether he’d overshoot if he jumped so he sort of lowered into it. Either way, absolutely crushed him.

I laughed at ‘get down you crazy man’… I suspect he lost his bottle just as he was going to say ‘son of a bitch’ or ‘bastard’.

On another note, Karrion Kross is shite. Not necessarily his wrestling - though, probably - just his whole act. He just looks like a bouncer called ‘Steve’ or ‘Brad’, and Scarlett is equally as unconvincing as a spooky sort. They’re absolutely garbage. And, with Daddy Spook back, there’s literally no room for their shit act.

Extreme Rules, hereby known as “this is what you wanted!/is this what you want?”, on the whole was a very good show.

Rousey/Morgan kind of died in the final third and Kross/Drew was a bit too PunchKick-y, but everything else was good to very good in ring. 
Cormier telling Rollins “you got to finish it down here” while presumably muttering under his breath “because there’s no fucking way I’m getting up there”. I thought they actually did quite well with the first part of the Fight pit, because like Hell In A Cell back in the old days, your just waiting for them to go to the upper level.

The Wyatt Return - someone’s still ploughing their way through Blumhouse DVDs, but you can’t argue with that reaction. Its a shame they didn’t use White Rabbit on the actual broadcast to tie the whole thing together, but I imagine that would’ve cost a lot of money to clear so can understand why. 
There’s a good chance the whole thing could go to shit very quickly, but on this night, Bray was the biggest reaction on the show by far.

Random Observation - it was nice to see some kids in the audience that were enjoying themselves, rather than the Man-Children trying to get themselves over with their video game signs* that plague AEW.

* apart from that one who always up against the barrier in the aisle way, but he’s been doing that gimmick for years

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I'm another one that thinks Wyatt is great until the bell rings but willing to give him another chance as there's no doubt some of it is was down to the inane booking.

Edge v Balor was great, especially the last 10-15 minutes with the overbooked drama. Ending reminded me of Jericho and MJF on top of the cage, it's such a lovely dick heel move to threaten someone and force them to quit only to end up carrying out the act anyway  Judgement Day v Edge and others is probably a feud that warrants War Games to be fair, more than anything involving the Bloodline.

Enjoyed the Fight Pit match and the six man opener was terrific as expected. Worst thing about the show was Liv Morgan's chairshots, and Drew/Kross wasn't really up to much either. But yeah, this was a good watch on the whole. Maybe not as great as the card looked but still a good show.

Edited by AndyUK

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, chokeout said:

“We’ve got half a dozen different ideas for Brays return….let’s use them all”

That's what it felt like to me, it just kept fucking going. Just a mad, self-indulgent mess. That the show ended on him just showing his face was the culmination of all of the White Rabbit shit, and the problem with Bray Wyatt in general - there's all this lore and nonsense, but no thought given to how that actually translates to him wrestling. It's just Rob Zombie cliche bingo.

4 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Is this even a group though or was it just for imagery for his return?

I get the impression it won’t be a group, and that whole shabang was the exorcising of his past lives. 

I’m more interested in his new mask and what that means. Looked a bit like a cross between Luchasaurus’ and ‘Takers from when his face broke.

Was anyone able to work out what Bray said to the camera before he blew the lamp out?

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I didn’t want to be a party pooper because there’s no denying it felt like a big moment and you can’t argue with the pop he got, but yeah. Glad a more varied response is starting to come through after the initial excitement.

For as much as I do think Bray’s creativity was squandered under Vince’s incessant need to always boil everything down to one note, watching his return last night doesn’t exactly fill me with hope now Bray’s working under Hunter.

If anything, it looks like it’s going the other way and we’re going to see the worst of Wyatt combined with Hunter’s love of overproduced, soul-less, melodramatic bollocks. Dragging it out like they did, all that shit involving the people dressed like idiots in the crowd, it was proper NXT amateur-dramatics, hit-your-marks rubbish.

Also, has there ever been a return in the history of the business where the day after it happens you can’t think of a single match you want to see them in?

And finally, I’m no horror aficionado,  so correct me if I’m wrong, but for a company making millions in profit, this looks a bit cheap and shit, doesn’t it?

FB76E1CF-904E-4043-8EE6-B25C2FDAF295.thumb.jpeg.2e1c858841e73f1c68d2582c948229bb.jpeg

Edited by Supremo

1 minute ago, Supremo said:

I didn’t want to be a party pooper because there’s no denying it felt like a big moment and you can’t argue with the pop he got, but yeah. Glad a more varied response is starting to come through after the initial excitement.

For as much as I do think Bray’s creativity was squandered under Vince’s incessant need to always boil everything down to one note, watching his return last night doesn’t exactly fill me with hope now Bray’s working under Hunter.

If anything, it looks like it’s going the other way and we’re going to see the worst of Wyatt combined with Hunter’s love of overproduced, soul-less, melodramatic bollocks. Dragging it out like they did, all that shit involving the people dressed like idiots in the crowd, it was proper NXT amateur-dramatics, hit-your-marks rubbish.

Also, has there ever been a return in the history of the business where the day after it happens you can’t think of a single match you want to see them in?

And finally, I’m no horror aficionado,  so correct me if I’m wrong, but for a company making millions in profit, this looks a bit cheap and shit, doesn’t it?

FB76E1CF-904E-4043-8EE6-B25C2FDAF295.thumb.jpeg.2e1c858841e73f1c68d2582c948229bb.jpeg

I don’t really agree with you - no offence or owt, I’m just a Wyatt-optimist - but one thing I do think is interesting is, good wrestling demands being able to withstand scrutiny.

We accept the obvious unrealistic things, but expect everything else to hold up. It’s watched countless times and debated and argued about.

Spooky-ness doesn’t really hold up to that. It’s all about single viewing, excitement, tell your mates and then end. The more you discuss an act like Wyatt, or watch it, the more the holes start to appear I think.

And, in many ways, b-movie, schlock horror is much the same. You enjoy the jump scares and the thrill of the ride, but if you go home and review the game tape it all starts to fall apart.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

The more you discuss an act like Wyatt, or watch it, the more the holes start to appear I think.

That’s the real irony though - nobody has had more of their shit dissected and over-analysed than Bray. People fucking love it. Endless YouTube videos and Twitter threads going through everything he puts out like it’s a Marvel trailer or something, picking out supposed symbolism and references.

I’m happy to admit it’s just not for me. I wish it was and I wanted to be excited…but then he returned and it was business as usual.

They should have done a WCW 2000 and had Bray shit all over the spooky stuff like he was Dustin Rhodes. 

Or just brought him back as Husky Harris the fiery southern brawler and have him convince everyone he isn't Bray Wyatt. Him cutting a fiery baby face poster in front of an old poster of him as a cult leader would be far more sinister than anything else he could do at this stage. 

• Paid Members

I enjoyed it, but I think a lot of that was that the crowd made it a big deal. The crowd made the segment and as a sole moment, I really enjoyed it. If that played out Infront of a flat crowd, it would have been completely different. 

Also seen some people actually mad that it was actually Bray.

Again, I’m a hypocrite as I did absolutely love it at the time, but the other issue is props. Who’s his set designer? Who’s assembling it on the stage for him?

I’d fucking love it if they did do a stable and tried to cover up the weird gaps the spooky boys always have.