Extreme Rules 2022 **Spoilers**

Nick James

• Paid Members

Couldn't see a thread for this other than discussion in the Raw and Smackdown threads and didn't want to chuck spoilers in the HHH thread.

They really stuck the landing with the Wyatt return, he felt like a megastar and the crowd really made it feel a lot bigger. We all know that within a month or two, it's likely we will be bored to tears again, but this was great.

Bray is made for moments, that's his thing. Sticking him in matches week in, week out on Raw isn't going to do it. He would work really well as someone who you only see very occasionally. For example, wrestler A calls out Bray, but the whole build is without Bray, have the spooky videos, the characters and stuff, but leave Bray completely out of it until the match, then he can disappear again for a while.

Good show overall, the Donnybrook was stuff as hell, Riddle crushing Rollins with a senton from the Fight Pit and Bianca looking a star again we're all highlights.

Edge isn't too well liked on here, but thought he played his part very well in this match, especially towards the end. Rey staying down while Beth gets her head caved in then sliding into the ring to check on her after the match was hilarious. What a fanny.

EDIT: The Bray return video for anyone who can't be arsed with the show.

Ā 

Edited by Nick James

• Paid Members

Be interesting to see what pushes he completely derails. Saw an interview with Rollins a few days ago where he said to the effect of ā€œname one person that came out of a feud with Bray Wyatt better than they went in other than Randy who burnt him to deathā€.

Ā 

• Paid Members

Can I just ask, outside of the obvious, what is the appeal of Nikkita Lyons? From what I've seen, she's God awful with that stupid splits finisher that Alicia Fox used to use.

Maybe I've answered my own question there and it is just the obvious.

1 hour ago, Nick James said:

Couldn't see a thread for this other than discussion in the Raw and Smackdown threads and didn't want to chuck spoilers in the HHH thread.

They really stuck the landing with the Wyatt return, he felt like a megastar and the crowd really made it feel a lot bigger. We all know that within a month or two, it's likely we will be bored to tears again, but this was great.

Bray is made for moments, that's his thing. Sticking him in matches week in, week out on Raw isn't going to do it. He would work really well as someone who you only see very occasionally. For example, wrestler A calls out Bray, but the whole build is without Bray, have the spooky videos, the characters and stuff, but leave Bray completely out of it until the match, then he can disappear again for a while.

Good show overall, the Donnybrook was stuff as hell, Riddle crushing Rollins with a senton from the Fight Pit and Bianca looking a star again we're all highlights.

Edge isn't too well liked on here, but thought he played his part very well in this match, especially towards the end. Rey staying down while Beth gets her head caved in then sliding into the ring to check on her after the match was hilarious. What a fanny.

EDIT: The Bray return video for anyone who can't be arsed with the show.

Ā 

Agreee completely. I'll happily eat my words (pun there for eater of worlds but I've only just woken up) but THIS is as good as it gets for Bray. Cracking moment last night, and the crowd definitely made it.Ā 

I'm just not looking forward to all the nonsensical bollocks he spouts that goes absolutely nowhere, with a side of average matches. Hopefully during which, we'll get some PS2 graphics of some bugs or Elmer Fudd to take our mind off it.Ā 

11 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Can I just ask, outside of the obvious, what is the appeal of Nikkita Lyons? From what I've seen, she's God awful with that stupid splits finisher that Alicia Fox used to use.

Maybe I've answered my own question there and it is just the obvious.

You'd have to be thicc to not see her appeal.Ā 

Iā€™m less Wyatt-sceptic than the rest of this forum, I just think they need to work out how his act connects to the in-ring stuff.

I have a little glimmer of hope that Triple H has more of an eye on what makes sense in the ring, so this might finally be a chance to see the full act working as one.

I think the white rabbit stuff has been superb, and they really brought it home last night. Iā€™m intrigued by how they touched on different parts from the characters history, I want to see how they tie it all together.

I enjoyed the show. I thought both the opener and the Edge/Balor matches started messy, but really brought it back together and I was hooked by the end.

Wyatt is great, then the bell rings. If heā€™d just wrestle like an 80s southern territory heel like his body says he should be heā€™d be fine. Instead he adds all the weird shite no one needs. For all how shite most of us think he will be, wwe fans proper lap him up. Good for themĀ 

7 minutes ago, Louch said:

Wyatt is great, then the bell rings. If heā€™d just wrestle like an 80s southern territory heel like his body says he should be heā€™d be fine. Instead he adds all the weird shite no one needs. For all how shite most of us think he will be, wwe fans proper lap him up. Good for themĀ 

I think this is it for me, and weā€™re about to find out whether the disconnect between the in-ring and the out of ring stuff is a Wyatt problem, or whether it was a Vince problem.

You canā€™t really do spooky in-ring convincingly.Ā 
Ā 

On another note, Riddle absolutely flattened Rollins with that senton . Fucking hell.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

On another note, Riddle absolutely flattened Rollins with that senton . Fucking hell.

He didnā€™t seem to get much back lift and I canā€™t work out if he very slightly slipped or he didnā€™t want to get any higher. It was brutal.

Had to laugh at Coleā€™s ā€˜get down you crazy manā€™ like a babysitter seeing his little brother on top of the shed.

8 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

He didnā€™t seem to get much back lift and I canā€™t work out if he very slightly slipped or he didnā€™t want to get any higher. It was brutal.

Had to laugh at Coleā€™s ā€˜get down you crazy manā€™ like a babysitter seeing his little brother on top of the shed.

Thatā€™d be a first.

Edited by Mr_Danger