Extreme Rules 2022 **Spoilers**

Nick James

• Paid Members
54 minutes ago, Supremo said:

People fucking love it. Endless YouTube videos and Twitter threads going through everything he puts out like it’s a Marvel trailer or something, picking out supposed symbolism and references.

They did the same with the Broken Matt Hardy thing. Looked and found meaning where there wasn't any. Utter pish.

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

That’s the real irony though - nobody has had more of their shit dissected and over-analysed than Bray. People fucking love it. Endless YouTube videos and Twitter threads going through everything he puts out like it’s a Marvel trailer or something, picking out supposed symbolism and references.

I’ve already seen claims that the white light through the door was a nod to Brodie Lee’s AEW debut, and that Abby’s mask was the one Brodie (as Luke Harper) wore in his Bludgeon Brothers run. Yeah, cos they’ve never done the bright light thing before and a quick Google Image search disproves the latter.

People are already predicting who the guys in the costumes were, and that Bray’s leading a stable called the Wyatt 6 because he’s changed his Twitter username.
Oh, and apparently Liv Morgan is going to revealed as Abby The Witch because reasons.

The should watch Room 237, the documentary on The Shining whereby a can of Peaches in The Overlook’s Pantry unlock the secret meanings of the film 

5 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’ve already seen claims that the white light through the door was a nod to Brodie Lee’s AEW debut, and that Abby’s mask was the one Brodie (as Luke Harper) wore in his Bludgeon Brothers run. Yeah, cos they’ve never done the bright light thing before and a quick Google Image search disproves the latter.

People are already predicting who the guys in the costumes were, and that Bray’s leading a stable called the Wyatt 6 because he’s changed his Twitter username.
Oh, and apparently Liv Morgan is going to revealed as Abby The Witch because reasons.

The should watch Room 237, the documentary on The Shining whereby a can of Peaches in The Overlook’s Pantry unlock the secret meanings of the film 

The one thing I don’t understand is why people assume everything has to mean something, or tie together.

Surely the point of lunatics is they believe utter meaningless waffle??

• Paid Members

All that matters to me right now, is I'm back enjoying watching wrestling again, whether that be Raw, Smackdown, Dynamite or Rampage (Still not back there with NXT yet). Regardless of whether something is going to go to shit or not, backstage bitching / fighting or whatever else is happening, I am back looking forward to shows, watching PPV's unspoiled and thats not happened in a long time. 

Who would have thought in 2022, Sheamus would be one of the best things about a show? The guy can do no wrong at the moment and the Brutes and Imperium just have that connection that The Shield / Wyatt Family had. 

I almost forgot about the mascot laying the boot in to The Miz when he was on the deck. I'm getting a little bored with the Lumis shenanigans now, it needs to evolve, but the skits with the mascot were amusing. 

1 minute ago, Nick James said:

All that matters to me right now, is I'm back enjoying watching wrestling again, whether that be Raw, Smackdown, Dynamite or Rampage (Still not back there with NXT yet). Regardless of whether something is going to go to shit or not, backstage bitching / fighting or whatever else is happening, I am back looking forward to shows, watching PPV's unspoiled and thats not happened in a long time. 

Who would have thought in 2022, Sheamus would be one of the best things about a show? The guy can do no wrong at the moment and the Brutes and Imperium just have that connection that The Shield / Wyatt Family had. 

I almost forgot about the mascot laying the boot in to The Miz when he was on the deck. I'm getting a little bored with the Lumis shenanigans now, it needs to evolve, but the skits with the mascot were amusing. 

Sheamus/Gunther is superb.

As daft as the Wyatt stuff is, I love it and I just hope they can connect all the dots this time. He’s clearly a big star, and the business is better for having as many big stars firing on all cylinders as it can get. 

Wyatt is a genuine star do it's great go see him back. Regardless of what people criticise him for on here, some justified some not, he always gets a massive reaction from live crowds, in an era where genuine big reactions are by an large few and far between its a big upside of him.

The fact he still elicits those responses even after all the questionable booking of him over the years proves he's a star.

Personally I hope he leans more into the character he initially debuted as all those years ago, and I've got faith he'll make it work.

Other than that was a really good show, WWE is definitely firing again and when they get it right there's nowhere better, just about the right runtime as well.

Was Alexa Bliss not the witch? I remember her knocking about with Bray during the Fiends last abysmal run. I have zero hope Wyatt can be interesting even in the short term once his return buzz burns off. Too hard a character to translate into wrestling actual matches and keeping things together, even with Vince gone. As a one night hype/intrigue return it was built up really well though.

The Wyatt return was fantastic. Exactly what it should've been and the crowd ate it up. Far too early to be calling him shit or saying it will be shit etc. We literally have no idea what it all meant, if anything.. or where it all goes from here. But for a night he felt like a fucking megastar and ill take that.

Especially when I saw the Fight Pit was the main event and had worries he was coming back to get Rollins.

Great show overall.

Special mention to say God I fucking love the Brutes. They started off questionable.. Ridge was unproven, Butch was weird and Sheamus was pretty overexposed. And yet somehow they've come together and genuinely are putting bangers on regularly. I've loved seeing their development and the crowds getting into them and the guys clearly loving what they're doing. They're everything Judgement Day aren't.

6 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I’m more interested in his new mask and what that means. Looked a bit like a cross between Luchasaurus’ and ‘Takers from when his face broke.

With just a touch of:

spacer.png

I haven't seen any of the White Rabbit stuff aside from the acapella playing at live shows, but this was everything I didn't want from a Wyatt return. Over produced, suspension of disbelief shattered by the apparently supernatural psychopath clearly being in cahoots with the camera crew and prop lads. They even botched the audio of him saying 'I'm Here' and the timing of the lantern going off.

Great pop though, which makes it all the more frustrating. Bray's clearly a brilliant act waiting to happen but not at all encouraged that they're taking the right direction with him. The act will only ever work to its fullest when they reel it in a bit and have him act like a character who could plausibly exist in the real world, not unlike Taker's evolution from an actual zombie into a cult leader/biker during the Attitude era. Bray might be the first WWE main eventer who would benefit from turning his personality down from 11.

3 minutes ago, Pinc said:

Over produced, suspension of disbelief shattered by the apparently supernatural psychopath clearly being in cahoots with the camera crew and prop lads.

I get that maybe you don't like him or whatever but I find this such a weird take. Like the whole fucking show is a bunch of actors and people playing parts. It's a TV show. Of course he's not really a supernatural psychopath. What next? He ruined his aura because he tweeted a donation page to that woman who just died? Either we're okay with it not being real or we're not..

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I get that maybe you don't like him or whatever but I find this such a weird take. Like the whole fucking show is a bunch of actors and people playing parts. It's a TV show.

That's part of why the modern product isn't for me (along with a long list of things), I don't enjoy it presented as a TV show more than a sports show.

It's been heading that was for decades I know but as long as it has that base that it's ultimately sporting contest at heart and what's happening is presented as unplanned I could switch off, engage and overlook the little things. When it's presented to heavily as scripted TV drama I tend to drift and watch something better made. 

26 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I get that maybe you don't like him or whatever but I find this such a weird take. Like the whole fucking show is a bunch of actors and people playing parts. It's a TV show. Of course he's not really a supernatural psychopath.

We must enjoy fiction differently mate, which is fine like. There's no explanation - in the canon of the show - for why the camera crew knew where all the Wyatt cosplayers dotted around the crowd would appear, right on cue. And that bothers me. I'm not choosing to find it bothersome, its an automatic response while watching the show. Makes it less believable, less immersive.

All it takes is a bit of forethought, have the characters start appearing in the crowd but the camera only catches them incidentally at first. Have Bray walk out of something (anything!) other than a backlit door with a smoke machine behind it. You can hit all the same character beats while giving my subconscious mind fewer reasons to ask questions about what I'm seeing. I'm not asking for it to be hyper-realistic at all, just internally coherent.