Chris B

53 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

I've only listened to a handful of OSW shows, including All Out 2022. Is there a reason one of them puts on a "funny" accent when talking about Japanese wrestlers?

Can't recall that specific instance but they do have a history of affecting knowingly rubbish gimmick accents when talking about foreign baddies etc. I'm sure there's a reading of it being problematic nowadays but it seems more like a good natured play on how bad wrestling usually is at it. 

15 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Can't recall that specific instance but they do have a history of affecting knowingly rubbish gimmick accents when talking about foreign baddies etc. I'm sure there's a reading of it being problematic nowadays but it seems more like a good natured play on how bad wrestling usually is at it. 

When they were talking about Shida pronouncing "women".

7 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

Watched it back just now and I don't think any of them are particularly doing a 'voice' per se - Shida definitely does say 'women' in an unusual way in the VT and I think that's all there is to it. Wouldn't read too much into it.

7 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was because it sounded like a hybrid between woman and human? I don't think it's particularly punching down or taking the piss, but can see why it could be found offensive. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was because it sounded like a hybrid between woman and human? I don't think it's particularly punching down or taking the piss, but can see why it could be found offensive. 

Exactly, the foreign person sounded funny, so fair game to mock on a popular podcast. 

• Paid Members

Meltzer and Keller reporting that it’s almost certainly over for Punk in AEW. Sounds like it was Punk looking for the buy out and after everything that’s happened AEW aren’t really arguing against it.

What a sad end to what will probably be the last run of his career. It was a good laugh for a while watching CM Punk come back all happy whilst Hunter’s world crumbled around him, but fuck me did Hunter and WWE have the last laugh.

Punk may have won that lawsuit in the end, but the consequences of it have seemingly cursed his career until the end of time. Losing his closest friend, turning into a paranoid, bitter nutter who can’t even be happy when he’s handed everything he wants and has an entire company built around him. I’m sure the money will be nice, but his reputation is in tatters. That’s probably the end of any, “CM Punk,” chants, too. Meanwhile, Hunter’s now got the keys to the kingdom, back to being the hero of the internet.

20CCE5CC-71DF-424D-AEED-7D4CBAA0D7EC.gif.3b2dde5c28d1428487d406d482cfb059.gif

If this is the end, the biggest shame is that Punk didn’t lose his mind and start throwing fists before All Out. Imagine if the last we saw of him was Moxley smashing him to fuck the week earlier! That would have been so perfect!

Enough’s enough though. Bring The Elite back already!

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

It's a shame. A complete waste of occasionally spectacular talent. The guy just seems to have a big mix of serious trust, blame, superiority and victim complex issues. It's like he can only be happy for a certain amount of time before the mask slips and he fucking hates everyone and everything. 

How he went from tears of happiness at the end of the MJF feud to just this completely miserable hostile cunt a few months later is pretty remarkable. 

Edited by LaGoosh

It has been my go-to clip to watch when I need cheering up since it happened. Everything about it is perfect. It never fails to make me smile.

But fucking hell. Going from this to where we are now? I mean it's wrestling so I shouldn't really be surprised but still. It all felt so right..

On 10/22/2022 at 5:26 PM, LaGoosh said:

Screenshot_20221022-172611_Twitter.thumb.jpg.b8608ba905c125cbdd3dc912c25a203b.jpg

Oof.

I don't, nor have I ever used (I'm guessing it's) Twitter. How does this read... Is it Jericho posting that statement, or has he liked it? I can't decipher it!

On the CM Punk note though. Personally, I'm a little gutted. I genuinely bought in to the idea that it was the WWE environment that made him so bitter and angry (and in fairness it probably added to his frame of mind nowadays). That return/debut from last August was note perfect, smiles all round. Was made up for him that he seemed to have found his place again amongst the wrestling community. And for 7-9 months all seemed great. But then a little crack here and there seemed to manifest until we arrive at this sorry state of affairs. 

His previous work will mean he remains a favourite of mine and someone who I'll always dip back in to from time to time. But fuckin hell, what a way to absolutely blow your career/legacy. And he has. Utterly shattered his status, most probably has completely put the final nail in his coffin on his wrestling career.

it's just an amazing juxtaposition from August '21 to August '22. I'm sure it extended beyond this forum but he has always been somewhat of a polarising character/performer but for a 6 month period was heading towards being lauded as an all time great. I know many will have uttered these sentiments, but the thought that 'that' episode of Rampage could have turned so toxic, nasty and ugly is something to write a degree on. It truly has got everything, emotion wise at least.

What a shame..