Kane's a bit of a twat isn't he?

garynysmon

54 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Why didn't any previous president codify Roe vs Wade? I've seen Obama supposedly say he would then only turn to say that abortion isn't a big enough deal?!

The fucker had a supermajority, too.

Pro choice vs no choice  is a lucrative well for fundraising [/duane]

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Pro choice vs no choice  is a lucrative well for fundraising [/duane]

He should offer his laughter therapy to all the women stricken with a septic uterus. That'll sort it.

10 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

Yeah, i'm sure the McMahons are going to remove Kane from their Hall of Fame because of his public stance on abortion...

Unrelated to their opinion of Kane but someone pointed out Linda has given pro-choice interviews and tweeted about being pro-choice in the past. Her stance now is odd.

5 minutes ago, FUM said:

Unrelated to their opinion of Kane but someone pointed out Linda has given pro-choice interviews and tweeted about being pro-choice in the past. Her stance now is odd.

Trump supporter/republican in lack of consistency shocker. 

Pretty sure in 2016 Trump also gave mixed messages on abortion based on who he happened to be speaking to at the time. 

1 hour ago, FUM said:

It's called being a politician. Connecticut is quite pro-choice, more democratic leaning and she was running for election.

It’s a pretty significant change though. It’s not just saying you’ll do something then not being too arsed when the time comes as most politicians do. It’s a total shift of stance on a major issue. It’s proper Trump which I suppose shouldn’t be a surprise from a McMahon.

2 minutes ago, FUM said:

It’s a pretty significant change though. It’s not just saying you’ll do something then not being too arsed when the time comes as most politicians do. It’s a total shift of stance on a major issue. It’s proper Trump which I suppose shouldn’t be a surprise from a McMahon.

Biden voted to overturn Roe Vs Wade in the past, stating his Catholicism as to why, then went back on it pretty soon after. It’s not just limited to MAGA twats. 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, FUM said:

Dunno. Looking at the way things are going and then pretending you supported it all along is exactly what a politician does. It's why they all have focus groups, so they can parrot what they think voters want to hear, even when it's stupid as fuck.

Even Kane, to get back on topic, I have to wonder whether he actually believes the stuff he's tweeting or if he's doing it because he's a Republican Mayor in Tennessee and this is what is expected of him. The reaction of people in the business who know him definitely suggests he wasn't always such a massive bell-end.

• Paid Members

I think it's less "what's expected of him" than what the donors pay for. It's like the gun control issue - the majority of Republican members traditionally support some degree of gun control (though that's changing as it becomes more of a red line in the culture wars), but Republican politicians are so bought up by the NRA that they can't publicly hold any stance other than second amendment absolutism. I assume there's similar money behind the anti-abortion stance.

As for Kane, it's possible he's gone further right either as he's entered politics or just through the Trump era, as lots of people have, but it's just as likely that he was just never having these conversations backstage at RAW. I couldn't tell you the politics of half the people I've worked with.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I think it's less "what's expected of him" than what the donors pay for.

A worker entered politics, the greatest work of them all, and is doing what he needs to in order to stay over. It's no wonder that when Hogan announced running for President in 1998, I nearly believed him.

On 6/26/2022 at 10:36 AM, Merzbow said:

Why didn't any previous president codify Roe vs Wade? I've seen Obama supposedly say he would then only turn to say that abortion isn't a big enough deal?!

The fucker had a supermajority, too.

AOC explains this on her Instagram, I don't know how to post screenshots but in a nutshell 'Obama briefly had a Senate supermajority for a few months (when ACA got passed) but he did not have the votes to codify Roe vs Wade.

People may take for granted today that a Dem seat = automatic pro-choice vote, but that is simply not the case and has not been the case until ALMOST very recently. Even now there are still pro-life Dems, there just aren't enough to block House legislation.

Today in 2022, women are still the minority in both parties and make up only 28% of the House'.

So if what AOC says is correct, it appears Obama didn't have enough support to codify.