woke.

PunkStep

I mean I don't really give a shit about authenticity in music, but Jason Williamson's probably on to something with Idles putting on the oi oi oi a bit. 

Just now, wordsfromlee said:

Who gives a fuck about the social class of anyone when the line is about being anti-Tory. Middle class people can be anti-Tory too. 

It’s more about being pontificated to by privileged people pretending to know what we are going through. But I’d take one Idles over a thousand FrostNazis or Blur every day of the week. Perhaps they could be the Tony Benn of metal!

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Linking that cunt Felton is just as bad :)

What's Felton done to be labelled a cunt? Always thought he was an alright sort, so will be sad if there's something I've missed that means he isn't. 

56 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

It’s more about being pontificated to by privileged people pretending to know what we are going through. But I’d take one Idles over a thousand FrostNazis or Blur every day of the week. Perhaps they could be the Tony Benn of metal!

I like Idles. Any band that I can scream along "YOU'RE JOE CAL FUCKING ZAGHE" whilst running around the park are alright by me. Saying that, they are a bit condescending.

3 minutes ago, Nick James said:

What's Felton done to be labelled a cunt? Always thought he was an alright sort, so will be sad if there's something I've missed that means he isn't. 

I can't stand the way he replies to tweets and then quote tweets the same to the tweet, just begging for likes.

Also seen plenty where he has replied to really serious tweets with "If you like that, you'll LOVE my book" then hawks it. I just find that sort of thing a bit rank, but can appreciate these are very minor annoyances on my behalf.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

At this point, they're just flinging the word around like a monkey flinging shit. Like the term "virtue-signalling".

Be careful, said types will accuse you of gaslighting before you can blink.

• Moderators

Its always amusing seeing like-minded people/groups argue within themselves about who is more of that thing...whether that be woke/liberal/punk/metal.

Anyway, this Daily Mail thing ain't even close to it when you have things like Mina's World. TLDR: a coffee shop in West Philly (spare the fresh prince jokes) owned/operated by queer/trans/poc, have now been accused by their workers of causing harm, anti-blackness, gentrification enablers etc. Hence linked instagram video above on radical accountability. Seems to be mostly around that one of the owners has a rich mother who owns the building, has been letting them run it rent free while they still operate at a loss so they can provide back to the community with a food fridge, employ staff at a good wage etc. Ultimately the workers demanded the mother hand over the building to them...so she ended up listing it for sale. One of the workers then posted all her personal information online and then made a video apologising about centering themselves and uncentering others.

I'm not saying that the owners aren't everything they've been accused of...but it is all rather on the nose as far as "wokeness" goes.

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I can't stand the way he replies to tweets and then quote tweets the same to the tweet, just begging for likes.

He also joke steals and is massively ill informed when it comes to actually talking about anything.

Anyway, please buy my shit book on a totally different subject. I'm not that middle class you know.