Change One Thing.

CL Punk

29 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

I

I'm sure there was someone else that had a sneaky long streak.

After a shallow dive on Wikipedia, I think Edge might be the closest as @air_raid mentioned. Takers Handicap Match at WM19 gets counted as part of the streak, so by that logic Edge would’ve gone 5-0 (winning at 16, 17, 18, 21 and 22) before not winning MITB at WM23. RVD, who was involved in multi team match at WM20 as well as an 8 man tag at WM24, is next closest going 4-0 on Wrestlemania PPVs, but did lose in a tag match on the WM19 pre-show, so his stopped at 1.

As far as active wrestlers go, no-one is better than 2-0. Baron/King/Happy/whatever he is now Corbin was on a 2-0 streak on Wrestlemania PPVs but lost in the WM34 Battle Royale, ending his streak at 2 and then he lost to Elias at EmptyMania 36 anyway.

Other than that it’s 3-0 for Demolition Ax, British Bulldog (who also has a draw on his record making him 3-0-1), The Road Warriors and Sable.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

But Nicholas’ 1-0 is the best given that he won a title in every Mania match he every had and retired from the sport undefeated.

• Paid Members
54 minutes ago, Louch said:

How many of the forced huge matches have been worth it? The Triple H match shows you show shit it would have been, but with mideon and gangrel out there in place of the outlaws.  

Deadman Taker can wrestle at a slower pace with some explosive moments and it doesn't feel as contrived as when Tripper would lay around selling stuff for ages. 

3 minutes ago, air_raid said:

But Nicholas’ 1-0 is the best given that he won a title in every Mania match he every had and retired from the sport undefeated.

Sharing the accolade with peers such as Michael Cole. Little Beaver and Snooki. Lawrence Taylor did the same but he headlined, so he’s Mr Wrestlemania as well as Mr 56.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Infinity Land said:

I'm sure there was someone else that had a sneaky long streak.

This sounds like a euphemism for someone sharting their pants

I'd stop Brock Lesnar from leaving after Wrestlemania 20. I'm not saying this would "make things better", really, I've no idea - but the knock-on effect would be fascinating. Would there have been a draft on the back of that Wrestlemania? Would there have been a need for the creation of JBL, and if there had been, would he ever have been WWE Champion? What would this mean for Batista, Cena, Orton and future Wrestlemania line-ups? Would Smackdown have still turned into the experimental shit-show that it did that year, with the likes of Heidenreich, Kenzo Suzuki, Mordecai, Renee Dupree, Luther Reigns, Orlando Jordan and Renee Dupree all stinking up what had been an otherwise strong show? What would this have meant for "the streak"? And what about UFC - would Lesnar have still, eventually, ended up there?

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Stopping Dixie Carter’s email account which got TNA thrown off Spike TV.

I dread to think how things could have kept going if they had continued with a Dixie/Russo era. I would stop the Hogan/Bischoff era. TNA was starting to get interesting. It felt like there's been a massive reset off the back of one of their shows, and they'd started building some decent momentum, then Hogan & Bischoff turn up and throw it all in the bin again. 

Just now, jazzygeofferz said:

I dread to think how things could have kept going if they had continued with a Dixie/Russo era. I would stop the Hogan/Bischoff era. TNA was starting to get interesting. It felt like there's been a massive reset off the back of one of their shows, and they'd started building some decent momentum, then Hogan & Bischoff turn up and throw it all in the bin again. 

Wasn't Russo the lead booker at that point, meaning they would have continued with a Dixie/Russo era had Hogan and Bischoff not turned up? For me, the best change to make in TNA's history would have been for Dixie to buy in to Paul Heyman's vision for the company. It might have failed badly, but it would have been far more interesting to watch play out than what ended up happening. 

• Paid Members

He was, but I have a feeling that without Hogan & Bischoff there to enable him he might have been able to avoid going totally off the rails. Were Jarrett & Dutch there at the time? 

The Heyman TNA would have been good to see. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

I'd stop Brock Lesnar from leaving after Wrestlemania 20. I'm not saying this would "make things better", really, I've no idea - but the knock-on effect would be fascinating. Would there have been a draft on the back of that Wrestlemania? Would there have been a need for the creation of JBL, and if there had been, would he ever have been WWE Champion?

The immediate plans for Lesnar after Mania were another run with Taker. I think JBL would have still happened and at the point Eddy got burned out they may have still shifted the belt onto him while Taker was getting his win back from Lesnar and setting himself up for a SummerSlam title match, exactly as happened. But it’s very possible that they’d have used Lesnar to move the belt onto Cena in the end. I mean… wouldn’t you?

Cena/Lesnar 2 years on from their brief Backlash match would've been a belter if Lesnar had taken the title back and smashed through a few people. Would definitely have lifted up an already great Mania too. 

I think at Mania 22 we might have got Cena/Triple H still but then Lesnar/Batist may have been on the cards too.

Actually thinking about Lesnar not leaving makes me realise we missed some big bouts for him like Vs Michaels, Umaga and Hornswoggle but also probably matches with 05/06 Henry and Khalinwere avoided.