James (Wallace) Brown

AndyDemmo72

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

I keep reading the subject and thinking it’s the Godfather of Soul back from the dead.  Disappointed each and every time.

Haha, James Brown, who WCW had The Cat promise would turn up at SuperBrawl, and everyone else on the show ridicule that Ernest couldn’t possibly deliver, in that way that heels always lie about stuff. Except he WAS booked, and DID show up, but being WCW, they’d presented it in such a way that nobody believed he would, so it added nothing to the build, interest or buyrate in the PPV.

Which was Scott Halls last in WCW, chico.

• Paid Members

I'm not sure advertising him would have done much for the buyrate. Surprises are good, I wouldn't change a thing about it. The fake James Brown coming out is up there with some woman's legs stepping out of a limo before the Rock's return and Punk beating the Rock at the Rumble (they kept it going just long enough to make me believe it was legit) as among the best bits of temporary trolling an audience before giving them what they want. SAYS ME!

Plus the way they built it gave us a lot of doubtful Mean Gene and The Cat interviews and they were always great together.

• Paid Members

I sat on him once, back when he was still Jay Phoenix. He was asleep backstage with his head amongst a pile of coats and bags, and I didn't realise he was there.

That's a UKFF exclusive right there.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

I sat on him once, back when he was still Jay Phoenix. He was asleep backstage with his head amongst a pile of coats and bags, and I didn't realise he was there.

That's a UKFF exclusive right there.

Wait, did Surf Digby bury Jay Phoenix? 

Edited by Shy Dad

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

Wait, did Surf Digby bury Jay Phoenix? 

He didn’t get covered in coats by himself #justsaying

• 1 month later...