Toast, toasters, toasties and toasting. And microwaving for some reason.

SuperBacon

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, simonworden said:

I thought I was bad that for 5vyears I lived in an apartment where the toaster needed to be shelved as the kitchen was tiny. I've sinced move partly due to this bit there really are some people in need of a good sit down and talking to on here. 

That said, being that there is no toasite machine for 1000 miles at least I did try to use the air fryer to make cheese on the other day. Did not work will be using the oven again until thanks to this thread I can buy a proper machine in the UK to bring back.

I always found the single sandwich machines a complete waste of time. If you aren't a lonely old lady you should have at least a double and let's be honest that's only as you can't afford a quad. 

I’ve made both cheese on toast and cheese Toastie  in an airfryer. It’s definitely possible 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Awards Moderator

I told my wife about the 'melt the cheese in the microwave' argument and she became visibly distressed and asked "why are people like this".

She found the prune juice thread quite entertaining, she likes a bit of KWESH, but after this she now firmly believes you're a bunch of wronguns.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Nick James said:

Microwaving cheese and now air-frying a cheese toastie? These kind of threads really expose folk. 

Na. An air fryer is just a convection grill really. Makes total sense if you don’t have a grill or Toastie/ sandwich press. It’s the last resort but better then using an actual toaster. Other acceptable option is stove/hob frying pan combo.

Oh and cheese both inside and on the outside is a must for me.