Cesaro leaves WWE

Callum1993

7 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

Every time they sign someone new, people on here comment that it’s getting too bloated. So you’re not the only one at all.

Jay Lethal shouldn’t be there after Speaking Out. But even if there were no allegations, he doesn’t offer anything to the roster. Same as Tony Nese. And Matt Hardy doesn’t belong in a ring anywhere in 2022. Those are three that I’d get rid of. 

Agreed on Lethal. 

Nese probably offers something from a coaching point of view, and he's probably helpful to have around for the younger talent on Dark. The AHFO is shit, but Hardy still seems capable enough in the ring. The prospect of a Hardy Boys reunion in AEW is enough for me to want to see him stick around. The tag division could do with a few more top level teams, it's cooled off a little recently. 

As for Cesaro, I think he's worth bringing in. He's popular, capable of having good matches, and given his size compared to much of the rest of the roster, he adds something a little different to the mix. If Danielson does create a stable, he'd probably fit quite comfortably into that. In fact, I could see that happening after the Bryan/Moxley match at Revolution. It looks like they're going to team up, then Cesaro comes to the ring, attacks Moxley, and then they shake hands/hug. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

but Hardy still seems capable enough in the ring. The prospect of a Hardy Boys reunion in AEW is enough for me to want to see him stick around. The tag division could do with a few more top level teams, it's cooled off a little recently. 

I’m a Jeff Hardy fanboy so I’ll put up with Matt. He’s just not good to watch these days. I think all that damage to his back and hips has done him in. Seems destined to walk like Vito from The Sopranos soon enough with those hips. 

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I want Hook on Rampage each week.

I sometimes think I want this, but him only showing up every three weeks, smashing someone and leaving again is somehow much cooler than him being on every episode. He turns up when he needs to, wins and has a couple of weeks off. 'cause he's HOOK.

Lots of people talking about where Cesaro might fit in next, but after @BomberPatmentioned this I started thinking - he had a decade long run in WWE. Especially for people who still really like him - what are the highlights and best bits of those 10 years? There must be some.

Off the top of my head I can think of him winning the battle royal in 2014, The Bar being fun, and enjoying the Swing move before the camerawork made it too nauseating to watch. The beachball moment at Summerslam that one year. Beyond that I can't think of a whole lot. But it was 10 years. There must be more.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

what are the highlights and best bits of those 10 years? There must be some.

He had a cracking match with John Cena on Raw when Cena was doing the US open challenge. Actually bought in to Cena tapping to the sharp shooter. I think it ended in DQ but was really good up until then. The Sami Zayn matches in NXT. 

And of course, smashing his teeth to dust on the corner post. 

• Paid Members

Apologises for the double post. I know Cesaro gets shit on here as a singles guy and some don’t see why or how he should get pushed when a section of the Internet clamour for it. And that’s fair enough. But there’s no denying he’s been one of the best tag team wrestlers the past decade plus. The Bar. The short but fun team with Tyson Kidd. The Kings of Wrestling. All great. 

Edited by TheBurningRed

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Cesaro would be great on a 1 year deal, have some cracking matches and then disappear once the shine has come off. That should do that more with talent to be honest.

Defininitely this. It’s exactly what I thought they should do with Buddy Murphy, and now Cesaro too. Bring them in, do the obvious fun matches, and then if they haven’t caught on fire let them go elsewhere.

In WWE Cesaro did very little for me. The idea of him coming into AEW and being the base for some of the smaller guys definitely opens up some fun possibilities though. I reckon Darby, Nick Jackson and Fenix could have belters with him. 

But yeah. The last thing I’m ever going to complain about is a company with so much great talent that guys can be phased in and out, kept fresh, and I’m always left wanting more. The antithesis of Raw or Smackdown, with the exact same twelve people all having overlong matches going through advert breaks and then being turned into a six man tag just to fill more time. I doubt even Seth Rollins’ immediate family enjoy how much he’s always everywhere, every fucking week, forever, like a bad smell you can’t get rid of.

Also missing the fact that this could be a nice shot back at WWE if Cody is going there.

I don't see why anyone is down on Cesaro in AEW. Some top matches on offer there. If they let him just be a silent killer he could be great. Wouldn't be shocked if he ends up in Bryan's weird Dojo thing they're teasing.

I see more value in Cesaro than I do in Buddy Matthews. Cesaro comes in 40+ won't be around in a couple of years and comes with millions of social media followers. That will help promote AEW and doesn't clog up the upper midcard long term.

Matthews has been working the indies for months now and it's not really translated into much. I think he also waters down Malakai Black and Brody King by being a 3rd wheel.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Matthews has been working the indies for months now and it's not really translated into much. I think he also waters down Malakai Black and Brody King by being a 3rd wheel.

Someone to take the pins. They're trying to promote Black as a killer and King as a monster, if they can have someone eat a loss in the feuds for them he has a purpose. 

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

I think he also waters down Malakai Black and Brody King by being a 3rd wheel.

I'd agree with this, if nothing else in terms of presentation. King and Black look like a unit, Matthews looks totally different with his stupid not-quite-trouser-not-quite-pants, and his very polished appearance. Maybe it's just me, but it feels a bit incongruous with the way Black and King are presented as a team/faction.  Also, I've never really rated Buddy, despite managing to adopt many moves from New Japan wrestlers (Omega especially), they very rarely feel like they mean anything within his matches. He just feels bland and anonymous.  

9 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

You think he’s suddenly going to break down in the next two years? The guys a absolute specimen 

It's more a case of being past his prime years and isn't necessarily chasing a top spot in the same way a Buddy Matthews type might. If Cesaro had a two year run in AEW. Had the matches he wanted, he's more likely to be thinking about retirement if he's just a midcard act.