Cesaro leaves WWE

Callum1993

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

It's a fair point. They also had the advantage of already being an established main eventer by the time they would turn 42. Coming with the money and the perks of a part-timer schedule for the most part.

Ric Flair 1991
Hulk Hogan 1995
Batista 2011
Triple H 2011
Shawn Michaels 2007
Undertaker 2007
Brock Lesnar 2019

True, but I was more talking about physical capacity, which is what I thought your original point was. Apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick.

46 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

True, but I was more talking about physical capacity, which is what I thought your original point was. Apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick.

It was more that if TK offered Cesaro and Buddy Matthews the same 5 year contract. Cesaro would probably say no, and negotiate a shorter deal. While Buddy Matthews would bite his hand off for that kind of job security.

I hope they give him lots of promo time to prove why WWE were absolutely correct in not using him in anything beyond the lower/mid card. He's a dullard and the last thing AEW need to be featuring prominently considering the actual talent they have warehoused.

Though fair play to him all the same if manages to grift a good payday out of TK.

Cesaro is the sort of person AEW don't need but will probably sign anyway.

He's capable of having great matches but never struck me as capable of being anything beyond a mid-level wrestler. And as I stopped watching WWE probably five or six years ago I'm seeing people like Lee/Black/Matthews/Fish/O'Reilly for the first time now so I don't have the concerns some do over them arriving in AEW. Whereas Cesaro is of the generation that put me off WWE (I'm not saying it's his fault WWE became too tedious to watch) and falls very much into the mid-decade era of all midcard wrestlers along with Ziggler, Kofi, Cody, Miz.

If AEW had a busy house show schedule then I'd say snap him up, consistently solid worker and can get that crowd up with his swing and good looking power spots but I just don't see him as an on screen character at all, he can't talk and is too much of a goof when it comes to any attempts at a gimmick.