Cesaro leaves WWE

Callum1993

Just now, Kamaras-Tash said:

Is Hero still going? Get the Kings Of Wrestling back together if so, can't say I have any interest in him as a singles star what so ever

I don't think he's actually wrestled since leaving WWE. He might still have his podcast and i've seen the occasional seminar mentioned on social media. Certainly still around and I could definitely see a KOTW return to tempt him back into the ring. There would be plenty of dream indy matches at the very least.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

I don't think he's actually wrestled since leaving WWE. He might still have his podcast and i've seen the occasional seminar mentioned on social media. Certainly still around and I could definitely see a KOTW return to tempt him back into the ring. There would be plenty of dream indy matches at the very least.

Going by recent photos Chris Hero is not in wrestling shape at all. He's always been a fat fucker but these days he looks like he'd struggle to run the ropes.

10 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Probably worth Khan swooping in and picking up the tab just to save face on this major announcement bollocks. 

What major announcement? Is what 99% of people will be wondering.

As far as i'm aware it wasn't announced on TV. It was clipped out a radio interview. Then he did a side by side video with Tony Schiavone in a social media clip that would have gotten lost in the dozen of other posts hyping last night's Dynamite and then buried by the clips from the fallout of the show itself.

• Paid Members

Maybe the King's Of Wrestling were going to be the mystery team at the Crockett Cup, but if Hero isn't in any condition to work that'd be a no. He could feud with Tony Nese on Dark or Elevation. Maybe have a little run in Impact. He'd have a good one against Josh Alexander if he ends up re-signing. 

22 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

What major announcement? Is what 99% of people will be wondering.

As far as i'm aware it wasn't announced on TV. It was clipped out a radio interview. Then he did a side by side video with Tony Schiavone in a social media clip that would have gotten lost in the dozen of other posts hyping last night's Dynamite and then buried by the clips from the fallout of the show itself.

It was mostly a shit joke but come on. AEW's audience is an online, highly invested one. Most of them will know about shit like this and they're the exact crowd Khan is playing to. 

I think there would actually be a lot to be said for AEW trying to sign some guys to shorter deals or a pay per appearance type thing which isn't exclusive.

Impact don't have the audience or finances to lock anyone down long term and poach anyone away from AEW in those circumstances.

If people came into AEW on those types of deals and things were working out they could always look at re-negotiating things for a more permanent deal. The performers themselves may be less interested in going back to the more turbulent world of WWE.

At the moment theres a good number of guys contracted to AEW on decent money not doing very much at all and unlikely to make a huge impact.

Cesaro would be a fun guy to come in and have short programmes with a few of the guys there but not to be around on a 3 year deal having 3 minute matches on Dark against Serpentico in 4 months time.

6 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Where can AEW possibly keep all these people, should they pick him up? 

Keith Lee hasn’t wrestled in 2 weeks and he’s brand new and should be riding the crest of a wave.

One week. Keith's Lee's debut was literally the previous episode of Dynamite and he made a appearance on this week.

Missing one show really dosen't justify a panic.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

One week. Keith's Lee's debut was literally the previous episode of Dynamite and he made a appearance on this week.

Missing one show really dosen't justify a panic.

And he missed that show because he was on his honeymoon no less.

Back to Cesaro, bless that wonderful Eddie Kingston:

Edited by LaGoosh

8 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Going by recent photos Chris Hero is not in wrestling shape at all. He's always been a fat fucker but these days he looks like he'd struggle to run the ropes.

I've only going by his instagram but photos on there from November he's no bigger than his NXT run? Probably not much more overweight than Eddie Kingston.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Jonny Vegas said:

think there would actually be a lot to be said for AEW trying to sign some guys to shorter deals or a pay per appearance type thing which isn't exclusive.

Agree totally. There's a lot of Cesaro in AEW matches I'd like to see but I have no interest in having him around long term. A 2-3 month run where he faces Dante Martin, Allin, Sammy, Kingston, Jungle Boy, a few others then fucks off forever would be absolutely perfect.

8 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

It was mostly a shit joke but come on. AEW's audience is an online, highly invested one. Most of them will know about shit like this and they're the exact crowd Khan is playing to. 

Under 49k views some of which were likely registered through auto plays. 401 RTs, 168 Quoted Tweets, and 2,000+ likes. There's maybe an IG story and something on youtube that goes along with it. For most people that will have heard about it would be through clickbait articles and randoms speculating he's buying Ring of Honor which seems to be the main point of gossip. Since it wasn't AEW wrestlers in the expanded NJ Cup or a co-promoted show. The internet fanbase is massively important but even within that community not everyone's keeping track of something like this. Since they'll know it's been done multiple times before. If it was something mentioned on TV, then it would be a lot more hyped.

7 hours ago, Jonny Vegas said:

I think there would actually be a lot to be said for AEW trying to sign some guys to shorter deals or a pay per appearance type thing which isn't exclusive.

Just about everyone can do Indy dates in AEW. Bryan Danielson supposedly wanted to do a DEFY show since they're the main Washington state promotion. Cesaro can write his own ticket. Even from the very beginning there were those that asked to do NJPW. Tying talents into longer term deals with some freedom is the better way to go. Since it allows things like Video games, action figures and other longer term planning.

There's no need to do it to everyone though. There doesn't seem much financial benefit in signing people to long term deals in an already crowded roster just for the added bonuses that they could make an action figure (many of whom are in the clearance aisles of stores) and include them in a video game.