Ukraine / Russian War

Loki

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, neil said:

Yeah but add Bernie Sanders into the mix and then they have at most a 33 and 1/3 chance of winning, but Trump has a 66 and 2/3 chance because Biden KNOWS he can't beat Trump with Bernie in the mix. So if you take Biden's 33 and 1/3rd chance minus Trump's 28.5% chance and he has 4 and 3/4s chance of winning. So if you take Trump's 78.5% chance if its just Trump and Biden and add 66 and 2/3'rds percents then Trump has a 145 and 1/10ths chance of winning. The numbers don't lie and Trump will win at US PRESIDENT 2024.

I would love to see Steiner calling the results of an election. 

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Duke said:

Not gonna lie lads, this situation is really triggering serious anxiety in me. My wife has banned me from looking at the news because of it. 

The level of anxiety I'm feeling is really irrational, and at the level it should probably be if we actually entered full on war. I catastrophise massively in these situations. Quite a lot of Ukrainians seem to be handling this news better than I am.

I found this reddit post (yes really) useful perspective. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskUK/comments/szdom0/is_it_completely_irrational_that_im_actually/

Especially 

Spoiler

Yes. Completely irrational. There has been fighting in Eastern Ukraine since 2014 (have you been worried since then?). Russia also annexed the Crimea by force (were you worried then?). What about when Russia annexed South Ossetia and Abkhazia in 2008 (the first European war of the 21st century)? These heightened tensions are a convenient way for news outlets to find something which isn’t COVID, and for the Government to take the public’s eyes from their foolishness and incompetence around COVID. 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

I found this reddit post (yes really) useful perspective. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskUK/comments/szdom0/is_it_completely_irrational_that_im_actually/

Especially 

Reveal hidden contents

Yes. Completely irrational. There has been fighting in Eastern Ukraine since 2014 (have you been worried since then?). Russia also annexed the Crimea by force (were you worried then?). What about when Russia annexed South Ossetia and Abkhazia in 2008 (the first European war of the 21st century)? These heightened tensions are a convenient way for news outlets to find something which isn’t COVID, and for the Government to take the public’s eyes from their foolishness and incompetence around COVID. 

Enormously helpful. Thank you for sharing

• Paid Members

Agree with the hidden comments above. It's given the media a field day and, whilst it's escalated worse than I anticipated, it's essentially what's been going on for the last 20 years in various guises. We're only hearing about it now because 1) Boris is in trouble and 2) the over reliance on Russian energy and funding has neutered us and the rest of Europe.

Putin has seen that it's now or never if he wants all of Ukraine because we're impotent. Didn't imagine he'd have the balls to do it but there we go. Nervy few days ahead.

1 hour ago, Suplex Sinner said:

We're only hearing about it now because 1) Boris is in trouble and 2) the over reliance on Russian energy

The first point isn't true. It's being reported all over the world as a serious escalation and nobody there gives a fuck about that bellend, Johnson. Your second point is extremely true.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

The first point isn't true. It's being reported all over the world as a serious escalation and nobody there gives a fuck about that bellend, Johnson. Your second point is extremely true.

Biden is also falling in the polls as well.

• Paid Members

As the propaganda war continues, Bald & Bankrupt (infamous Soviet mosaic hunter) has put on his Instagram story this morning that there is absolutely no sign of missile attacks on Kyiv (he's there just now streaming) and there is no panic as described on the BBC. 

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Suplex Sinner said:

As the propaganda war continues, Bald & Bankrupt (infamous Soviet mosaic hunter) has put on his Instagram story this morning that there is absolutely no sign of missile attacks on Kyiv (he's there just now streaming) and there is no panic as described on the BBC. 

He has back tracked slightly and said there has been bombings, he's just not witnessed them. 

Also 'mosiac hunter' is a funny way of describing a (allegedly) horrendous sexual Predator and former sex tourist. Off topic but the guy is a piece of shit. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, chokeout said:

He has back tracked slightly and said there has been bombings, he's just not witnessed them. 

Also 'mosiac hunter' is a funny way of describing a (allegedly) horrendous sexual Predator and former sex tourist. Off topic but the guy is a piece of shit. 

Haven't seen the back tracking, fair enough as it contradicted a lot of others on the ground who said planes were downed in and around the capital. 

I have seen the odd YouTube video accusing him of being a fraud but I haven't heard anything about predatory behaviour. So I will do some research this afternoon as I have a soft spot for his videos showing all the places I've been over the last 20 years or so. Any links to source material appreciated.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Suplex Sinner said:

Haven't seen the back tracking, fair enough as it contradicted a lot of others on the ground who said planes were downed in and around the capital. 

I have seen the odd YouTube video accusing him of being a fraud but I haven't heard anything about predatory behaviour. So I will do some research this afternoon as I have a soft spot for his videos showing all the places I've been over the last 20 years or so. Any links to source material appreciated.

I'll chuck it in spoilers as I don't want to derail this thread 

Spoiler

Google bald and bankrupt exposed and there's a fair few links but the jist is that there's strong evidence that he was very active on pick up sites, along with other people that appear on his videos (Harold) for a long time and they all did some horrendous shit, were essentially sex tourists and have tried their best to delete or distance themselves from it all since getting more famous. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldAndBaldrDossier/comments/judnlm/is_bald_bankrupt_really_a_sex_tourist_and_a/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

12 hours ago, Tamura said:

It's a complete mystery. Projecting a wholesome public image is pretty much guaranteed to get you more publicity and social media followers than posting pictures of your dinner, despite the popularity of the Chippy Tea thread.

How much money do they get when the image they project is self-important, tone deaf condescension? Probably even more.