Great Music Videos

Carbomb

• Paid Members

The old thread can't be found, so here's the new one. #megadethtothreads

Chemical Brothers - Star Guitar

Still one of the best concepts I've seen in a music video. You'd think it'd be repetitive, but it draws you in.

A-Ha - Take On Me

Anyone mentions great music videos, this absolutely has to be in with a shout as one of the best ever. People today are still impressed by it.

Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer

One of my favourite musicians of all time, and one of my favourite music vids ever.

Jax Jones ft. Ina Wroldsen - Breathe

Not many club tracks that have impressive music videos, but this one has always stuck in my memory. Great use of iconic places, and excellent dancing.

Edited by Carbomb

Music videos basically belong to Chemical Brothers, Prodigy and Girls Aloud, don't they? As someone who loves the fuck-the-art-trip, vague meaningless symbolism of pop, I've always found them bloody thrilling. 

So outside of the obvious I enjoy La Femme's stuff:

Perennial pisstakers KLF:

And Rammstein need to be mentioned in a thread like this. Seen here attempting to wrap up the music video format for good:

• Paid Members

Do you remember those great DVD compilations where they would have the works of directors music videos. I definitely have a few of them in the loft with the likes of Michel Gondry, Spike Jonez? Great stuff.

Anyway, I remember that this was available on a VHS and bought it from HMV rather then the usual CD single. He always had fascinating videos, but this was a mind fu$k at the time. Aphex Twin - Windowlicker. 

Also loved this at the time. Praise You is probably more popular as a video, but I preferred this 

And then this video oddity. I just think it’s really well done, yet simple. Toe Jam by The BPA

• Paid Members

I saw Merzbow post last and thought 'he's going to post something really, really weird that I've never heard of'. But fucking hell, even that exceeded expectations. 

This is one of my favourite music videos of all time, and opened up an entire new world of music to me. I was utterly captivated by the song and ultimately Daft Punk. Wow, this is how you announce yourself to the world.