Great Music Videos

Carbomb

Just now, PunkStep said:

As in Hey Micky?? That's a hell of a fact

Yeah. Was poncing it up on Sky Arts and they had a history of videos type thing on. Obviously they played Once In A Lifetime and she totally downplayed her role in it, thanking David Byrne for allowing her to collaborate with his genius. 

On 2/20/2022 at 2:14 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

Yeah, 120 Minutes was a really good follow-up, if slightly more mainstream than Alternative Nation. I'm assuming there's nothing like either of those two on any of the music channels now, anybody know of anything online?

The BUG Shows Archive is the closest I can think of. With it being a live event put on by the BFI there hasn't been much going on since COVID though.

It did get a series on Sky Atlantic 10 years ago, but I think that leaned more towards an Adam Buxton stand-up show - focusing more on the YouTube comments part of the live show.

• 7 months later...
  • Paid Members
11 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Fond memories of seeing this for the first time at 1am on Alternative Nation on MTV when I was half asleep. I was fully awake before long.

We'd been out on the piss, gone back to a mate's house and were all happily vedging out on the sofa when this came on and severely altered the mood.

It gets even better once you realise Aphex and his Warp mates basically done that blast beat, drill n' bass stuff as a piss take of the big beat style at the time to make it as pointlessly extreme and un-danceable as possible. 

Clowns and messers to a man, but I love them. He's still the king. 

He’s really not that fussed by it at all either

"'Come to Daddy' came about while I was just hanging around my house, getting pissed and doing this crappy death metal jingle. Then it got marketed and a video was made, and this little idea that I had, which was a joke, turned into something huge. It wasn't right at all."

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

It gets even better once you realise Aphex and his Warp mates basically done that blast beat, drill n' bass stuff as a piss take of the big beat style at the time to make it as pointlessly extreme and un-danceable as possible. 

As with metal, often the pisstakes are the only decent stuff in the genre.