Who Carked it in 2022?

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Very sad indeed.  The family had their own reality show a few years back, and they were Jackson’s level of fucked up.  The parents gave not a shit about them, complete scumbags.  Hope he finds peace now.

You can't help but wonder if young fame is ever worth it. You see so many tragic endings like this or those that suffer various problems in their lifetimes. The pop business and stuff like Hollywood can really eat these kids up and spit them out. All seems great at the time but I can't imagine how difficult it is once the spotlight isn't there anymore and people have stopped caring.

• Paid Members

Comics artist Kevin O'Neill. 

Did everything from the old British cheapy knock-offs of American titles to Whizzer & Chips, to 2000AD, DC Comics, and most notably collaborations with Alan Moore - his artwork in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is often as good as anything in comics, and does a lot to render some of Moore's bigger picture ideas into something that actually makes sense and is fun to look at.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

Comics artist Kevin O'Neill. 

Sad to hear this, my older brother is like his biggest fan so I grew up with him being a pretty big deal.

I'm particularly fond of the criminally underrated Marshall Law, it was doing shocking anti superhero stuff ages before the boys and the like and his art was perfect for it, being as ugly, fun and brutal as the stories. Nemesis the Warlock is also one of the most bizarre looking characters in comics history and shows of how mental Kev's style was.

He certainly was an acquired taste and I believe his art once received some kind of objectionable content warning despite depicting no offensive material just because of how it looks.