AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

Yep definitely one of those shows where even I felt I was on drugs watching it. Or TK couldn't be bothered to book it properly so he shoved EWR on random and just booked whoever came up. Fair play to him.

Decent show for sure but so many random things that were like "oh cool" but not exactly important in the long run.

When Jeff Jarrett turned up with Schiavone on comms, I did flashback to WCW days. I wasn't the only one.

Guessing Darby & Sting v. Lethal & JJ at Full Gear is on the cards. At which point I hope it comes to an end. He's a potential asset behind the scenes. Got the title of Director of Business Development according to Twitter. On camera though it's a very tired act and reminds me of the worst parts of WCW towards the end and early TNA.

Did every match on this show end with someone getting attacked from behind? It was pretty close to it, if not. 

26 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Guessing Darby & Sting v. Lethal & JJ at Full Gear is on the cards. At which point I hope it comes to an end. He's a potential asset behind the scenes. Got the title of Director of Business Development according to Twitter. On camera though it's a very tired act and reminds me of the worst parts of WCW towards the end and early TNA.

This is kind of how I feel. That said, I think it's undeniable that veteran wrestlers have been a positive addition to AEW and their fresher wrestlers more often than not. Sting has greatly benefitted Darby Allin, Christian has helped elevate Luchasaurus and who'd have ever expected Billy Gunn to become one of the most over acts in wrestling in 2022? There's no doubt that he's been great for The Acclaimed. On the flipside, Matt Hardy has been a real drain on every act he's been associated with; and I tend to view Jarrett in a similar way. Maybe he'll surprise me, but given that he's linked with Jay Lethal, I can't say I'm invested in seeing him succeed. 

That show was far to ROH-heavy for my tastes, and I really hope that brand gets its own show sooner rather than later. I'd also like to see them do more with Samoa Joe, and get him as far away from the ROH TV title as they possibly can. 

EDIT: I forgot to say - The Acclaimed segment was worth the price of admission alone! As over as FTR are, they might be better off going heel at this point - The Acclaimed vs. FTR could be an utterly blockbuster tag feud for AEW. 

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members

Poor Colt is just a pawn. Exiled when Punk was flavour of the month, then brought back as a prop in a jab at Punk. It's like going crawling back to your wife after your new Girlfriend wasn't all you thought and turned out to just be miserable and bitter. 

Edited by Nick James

• Paid Members

12 minutes ago, Nick James said:

It's like going crawling back to your wife after your new Girlfriend wasn't all you thought and turned out to just be miserable and bitter. 

He's getting paid I assume, so he may not be  doing it just because he's a big mark for the business or names and if so fair play to him for milking a bit more cash out while he can, because he'll be replaced by someone better soon enough I'm sure because it's colt and he's astoundingly replaceable.

Unless he is doing it because he is just a big mark for the business and names, obviously

This Punk/Cobana shit will never, ever end.

I’m halfway convinced that after last night and Colt’s silly emotional face, Punk’s picking up the phone to Triple H like “I’m in… let’s make some in jokes at AEW’s expense… goddamit, I’m in!”

2 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

This Punk/Cobana shit will never, ever end.

I’m halfway convinced that after last night and Colt’s silly emotional face, Punk’s picking up the phone to Triple H like “I’m in… let’s make some in jokes at AEW’s expense… goddamit, I’m in!”

Oh good I hope he does go to WWE on a spite run. They can do 20 minute back and forths and breaking kayfabe saying their second uncles real names or something while I don't watch. 

4 minutes ago, Chili said:

Oh good I hope he does go to WWE on a spite run. They can do 20 minute back and forths and breaking kayfabe saying their second uncles real names or something while I don't watch. 

Every week Punk is asked to partner someone in a meaningless tag team main event and he replies “I’m in… I’M ALL IN” and smiles to camera and whimpers like Larry losing a tooth.

The TNAification of AEW continues, and I'm all for it.  Jarrett looks in great shape too.  Nice surprise although @Supremo 

D00E7EE5-598B-4329-9A00-BE5E9D32976F.jpeg

I'm not a huge fan of the Champ showing ass to random scrubs every week.  A title match with Penta - fine, but otherwise they should be squashes if they want to push the "fighting champ" thing.  I don't remember Stone Cold having competitive back and forths with Scotty Too Hotty.

The director missing Billy Gunn's crotch chop is very AEW.  Stop cutting away!!

Decent main event even though Joe is very slow nowadays.  Joe, Wardlow, Hobbs, Cage - super heavies closing the show.