AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

15 minutes ago, Duke said:

Sure, except John Silver tweeted out a picture of him in catering. He WAS there. The announcers said they weren't sure he was there, and thankfully he wasn't on the rest of the show, so it's not a killer, but it is out of order from Punk (and stupid instincts from Silver). 

You're right that we need to see what they do with it though, if Hanger comes out next week (is he on rampage with the DO tonight?) and explains that he was pooing or something, there may be a way out of it, but I'm not sure they can claim he wasn't there now.

If you've avoided spoilers for Rampage. How can you even say John Silver was there? Like you say if Hangman turns up on Rampage/Elevation, or more likely BTE it'll tell you whether or not he was in the building. A joke tweet from John Silver doesn't.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

If you've avoided spoilers for Rampage. How can you even say John Silver was there? Like you say if Hangman turns up on Rampage/Elevation, or more likely BTE it'll tell you whether or not he was in the building. A joke tweet from John Silver doesn't.

He posted a picture of him clearly backstage, eating. Unless you've been to some really crappy restaurants, that was obviously catering. He then called him "the best wrestler in catering". 

The counter argument from John Silver posting a photo is "who cares about twitter", not "Who can say if that photo even shows what the guy who tweeted it says it shows?!" 

Just now, Duke said:

He posted a picture of him clearly backstage, eating. Unless you've been to some really crappy restaurants, that was obviously catering. He then called him "the best wrestler in catering". 

The counter argument from John Silver posting a photo is "who cares about twitter", not "Who can say if that photo even shows what the guy who tweeted it says it shows?!" 

Yes, but when and where? Hangman's worn that grey t-shirt on BTE before. There's nothing in the photo that gives away when and where it was taken.

For all you and I know. It's a months old photo on Silver's camera roll that he's posted for his joke.

1 hour ago, Infinity Land said:

(except MLB which has moved a lot of games to streaming anyway).

Every MLB game is streamed, every single one. The blackout restrictions cause havoc though, your region is blacked out for “Home games” as it were if your version of Sky Sports is showing it. 

MLB.TV is the best sports service I’ve ever seen. Everything about it is incredible if you’re a UK based baseball fan!

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Yes, but when and where? Hangman's worn that grey t-shirt on BTE before. There's nothing in the photo that gives away when and where it was taken.

For all you and I know. It's a months old photo on Silver's camera roll that he's posted for his joke.

Yeah, maybe. But there's absolutely no reason to believe that, and Silvers joke encourages us to not believe that. 

There are regular jokes on this board that you're secretly Tony Khan. This right here, this is why. This is seriously weak.

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, Chris B said:

If Punk really does have personal issues with people in AEW, it's a weird coincidence that they're the three most beloved babyfaces on the roster and two of them had already started suggesting Punk is secretly a 'politicking piece of shit' heel who convinced the fans he's a good guy.

Yeah. I don't wanna be all 'youre being worked lads', but it reminds me of a few years back when everyone would moan about Brock Lesnar being a lazy mercenary who doesn't care about wrestling backstage, when the character he was playing was a lazy mercenary who doesn't care about wrestling.

Punk being a dickhead whose only in AEW for his own gain and Hangman and Eddie Kingston being the only people to call him out on it is a storyline they've been low-ley doing all year and this is just the start of it bubbling up. The commentators even alluded to Punk being pissed off that the Summer of Punk never got going and instead it's been the Summer of Mox, which is why Punk is so salty towards him.

You're being worked lads.

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

You know how people have been saying for years that WWE don’t know how to book a babyface? How is this going to do anything for Hangman other than make him look a complete pillock

Part of the reason WWE didn't know how to book babyfaces is that sneaky shit and sudden Money in the Bank cash-ins were somehow fine things for valiant babyfaces (other than Eddie Guerrero) to do. Someone doing the honourable thing? I'm totally down with that. I'm not saying he makes the rematch - just that he comes out after learning about the interference, puts down the title and goes with 'I didn't win this. So I don't deserve it.'.

Him trusting a tweener Punk to be similarly honourable, then Punk hitting him with the title to win or something like that as a full-blown heel? Yeah, I'm down with that. 

Sting trusting everyone in the late 90s was only a problem because they did it so often. Him acting honourably, trusting people, etc - that wasn't him looking like a complete pillock. Bear in mind, when Hangman won the title and the crowd chanted 'you deserve it', he responded that 'I didn't deserve it - I effin' earned it'. He's the first babyface since Sting I can imagine doing something like this, and I think it could be a great character moment building up a bunch of storylines and matches.

1 hour ago, Duke said:

Sure, except John Silver tweeted out a picture of him in catering. He WAS there. The announcers said they weren't sure he was there, and thankfully he wasn't on the rest of the show, so it's not a killer, but it is out of order from Punk (and stupid instincts from Silver). 

I think that's reading wayyyyy to much into a joke tweet. I don't think John Silver's Twitter timeline should be considered canon. Punk came out in street clothes, indicating that he had no intention of wrestling that night in the first place, and took time to take jabs at three of the most popular babyfaces in the company, and called out someone who the announcers indicated wasn't there. I think it's most likely a slow heel turn, following up on the storyline started during the Hangman/Punk feud that would presumably have been paid off by now, had Punk not been injured. I don't buy the reporting on this at all - the idea that Punk sat at home stewing over a fairly unremarkable comment by Hangman, or that they were worried he'd no-show last night (even though Khan respected him enough to keep him as champion, in spite of his injury) seems....unlikely. 

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

The story for this should be "can the returning veteran hero CM Punk beat the blood thirsty unstoppable warrior Jon Moxley?" not "woah, did CM Punk shoot on Hangman Page for some reason? I wonder if MJF is turning up?".

I'd switch your "should" for a "could" - there are so many exciting directions that this could take. Perhaps Punk wins the belt next week in an indisputably heelish way, and the MJF who returns is a babyface. Wardlow and FTR mentioned The Pinnacle this week - that's really interesting. Could they reunite as a babyface faction?? 

Maybe the end result is MJF and Punk in a stable together - perhaps Stokely's recruitment work is tied into this, building a stable in the background to help Punk/MJF take on the BCC and The Elite? Perhaps MJF isn't involved at all, and they have something else up their sleeves. 

Ultimately, I don't care what they do, as long as they come out of next week's show continuing to feel red-hot, and they really are in a good position to do so. Wrestling is at its most fun when it's unpredictable, yet logical - I think they've struck that balance. I LOVE that I feel this way, and it's making me feel incredibly excited about All Out. AEW has never had a PPV where we've not known the World Title match this close to the event, and I kind of like the fact they're brave enough to take a chance like this. 

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Sure is a good work when that entire segment has me less interested in multiple main eventers than the week prior.

It's done the opposite for me. Hangman finally has something to sink his teeth into after months of doing nothing, and Moxley/Punk taking shots at each other is way more of an interesting build-up than the 'I respect you but still gonna beat you' build-up I assumed they would go for.

37 minutes ago, Duke said:

Yeah, maybe. But there's absolutely no reason to believe that, and Silvers joke encourages us to not believe that. 

There are regular jokes on this board that you're secretly Tony Khan. This right here, this is why. This is seriously weak.

Happy for my weakness to think it's an old photo used for a joke. Rather than one snapped in an instant of Punk's promo. 1:05am is 20:05 EST time

Especially since all the reports are meant to be the promo wasn't planned and people are pissed backstage. Doesn't seem like an opportune time to be candidly taking pics of your mate eating for those precious social media likes.

41 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Yeah. I don't wanna be all 'youre being worked lads', but it reminds me of a few years back when everyone would moan about Brock Lesnar being a lazy mercenary who doesn't care about wrestling backstage, when the character he was playing was a lazy mercenary who doesn't care about wrestling.

Punk being a dickhead whose only in AEW for his own gain and Hangman and Eddie Kingston being the only people to call him out on it is a storyline they've been low-ley doing all year and this is just the start of it bubbling up. The commentators even alluded to Punk being pissed off that the Summer of Punk never got going and instead it's been the Summer of Mox, which is why Punk is so salty towards him.

You're being worked lads.

Hey, a man can act like a dick and be a dick at the same time. 

Yeah I'm definitely on the "if it is a work, they've done the opposite and caused me to lose interest" side of things.

Punk vs Mox had more than enough going for it without dropping in the weird Hangman shit or whatever. They're two of the best.

Happy to be "worked" but already it could've been done a lot better.