AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

Is Ricky Starks a heel or face? Cos if he's a heel (which I believe he is the match is 'next week' etc) then why is he slapping hands with fans on the way out? Heels make money and AEW desperately need more of them. One promo from Christian and he's number 1 heel. Lucha had great potential as a monster heel (is he face again?) and Jade was playing full babyface this week again.

Both Ricky and Jade have been on the turn for ages, due to their natural charisma and good matches. Starks has been firing up on the mic, and Jade's Baddies Section was even a step in that direction, at least when it was a social media vehicle instead of an infighting angle. There's been no formal angle, but a logical transition.

In fact, the slight heelish vibe I got from Hobbs worries me that a split may be on the way, just as they get the main show showcase they've deserved for ages. A face Team Taz could be gold, a colourful lower-card BCC that the faces can call on to fxxx shxx up, even if they don't necessarily win on their win.

Delighted. Better days ahead going towards All Out surely. 

Also in a world where wrestlers cursing consistently comes off as PG sux, I'll never get tiered of lovely Bryan Danielson saying things like "I'm going to kick his fucking head in."

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members

Is it another themed Dynamite this week? Seems abit overkill now, rather than having maybe a themed special on a Saturday or Sunday. A Saturday Nights Main Event type deal, rather than just a regular Dynamite, but with a fancy name.

1 minute ago, Nick James said:

Is it another themed Dynamite this week? Seems abit overkill now, rather than having maybe a themed special on a Saturday or Sunday. A Saturday Nights Main Event type deal, rather than just a regular Dynamite, but with a fancy name.

They've had the bunch of summer themed shows for a while now. It's Fight for the Fallen the charity event they do

Last year had the run of return to arenas with Road Rager, Fyter Fest night 1, Fyter Fest night 2, Fight for the Fallen, Homecoming.

2020 was Fyter Fest night 1, Fyter Fest night 2, Fight for the Fallen.

Personally quite like it as it's an obvious attempt to keep eyeballs on TV during the summer months when things are usually at a low viewership.

Battle of the Belts III is in a couple of weeks if you want a random weekend event.

• Paid Members

absolutely love stuff like this. Companies should do it more and with only 1 minute of TV time it does so much more than 10-15 minutes of typical match/promo time would. Hopefully they show it on Dynamite...guessing they won't though.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

They showed Brody jumping Darby at a signing last week (week before maybe?), I'd assume they'll show this too.

They showed clips of it within a spooky vignette with no context or explanation of it and added music and a grainy black and white filter. It was a waste, the raw footage was so much more brutal and exciting to watch. They should have had Excalibur just set it up with "we received some shocking footage from earlier this week, lets take a look" and then play it. Job done.

At the weekend as they were promoting Fight for the Fallen they added Ethan Page v. Leon Ruffin kind of randomly. I say randomly because the two had just had a match on Elevation and doesn't seem to be going to a specific place.

Anna Jay had just reunited with Tay Conti. If they were going to place a random match on Dynamite surely something with them would have capitalised on last week's turn.

Page v. Ruffin looks like it has been scrubbed. In it's place there will be a Tay Conti appearance, managing Sammy Guevara v. Dante Martin.

Minor vent over how the one woman's match on Dynamite format is so rarely changed up. Yet everything else can be flipped last second.

• Paid Members

I think every upper-card wrestler should have a video games boss weak point, it makes for a more layered and exciting presentation. Miro was great, but was even better with the duff neck as it meant that your flippy lads had a chance at toppling the giant with tornado DDTs and accurately placed kicks.

Matt Jackson has had a bad back for a decade. CM Punk is going to have his foot be a constant target. Hangman Page has his insecurities. MJF needs his battle royal ring.

I fucking love this shit about pro wrestling, and no company really leans into it.

• Paid Members

Four weeks away from All Out and outside of probably some kind of House of Black vs Darby/Sting match and Jungle Boy/Christian I can't guess a single thing on the card. I really hope they have some big angles planned for this week and next because there's fuck all going on at the moment. 

Edited by LaGoosh