The videogames on sale thread

RedRooster

50 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

What's the process now for buying on those stores? Do you have to add funds to your account through a webpage or something?

For the 3DS/Wii U store? If you link up your Switch account - which I’m assuming you can still do (someone can correct me if I’m wrong) - the funds carry over. That’s how I’ve been doing it, and there are some nice bargains on both stores right now, and some great pick-ups too. 

I might pull together a wee post before the store closes to highlight some of the gems I’ve bought. 

13 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

A Switch account is the only way to do it now yeah, something I don't have. Missed the deadline least year for adding funds to my 3DS account. Don't think there's anything I can do about it sadly.

Same position my sister's in, but I supppppose (insert stroppy Kevin the Teenager pic) I could let her link up my Switch account with her Wii U. Sighhh.

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

Amazon Prime Gaming has some free titles, including 3Count Bout, a Neo-Geo wrestling game from the 90s, and Planescape Torment, a highly-acclaimed RPG. 

https://gaming.amazon.com/home?signedIn=true

EDIT: They've also got an instalment of one of my favourite fighting games ever! Samurai Shodown IV: Amakusa's Revenge. Also, Super Sidekicks - a football game for Neo-Geo in the early 90s, very reminiscent in style of Italia '90 that you could play in the arcades, looking at the screenshots.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I didn't even realise Prime did games. How does it work, what do you play them through?

They've got their own gaming app - have to download it through the Windows store.

• Paid Members

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/The-Hong-Kong-Massacre-BEAUTIFUL-DESOLATION-Bundle-2209186.html#

Been wanting to double dip and pick up The Hong Kong Massacre on Switch for a while, to stylishly shoot people in slow-motion (and nothing else) on the go. £2.69 with another game will do!

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/The-Hong-Kong-Massacre-BEAUTIFUL-DESOLATION-Bundle-2209186.html#

Been wanting to double dip and pick up The Hong Kong Massacre on Switch for a while, to stylishly shoot people in slow-motion (and nothing else) on the go. £2.69 with another game will do!

Bowler?!

• Moderators
14 hours ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

That sounds fun and a game recommendation from you carries some decent weight with me. Sold! 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

In case anyone is wondering, pretty much all of these work well on the Steam Deck - they all seem to load up for me, and while I've not completed any of them yet, I've not noticed any issues at all. I've put the most time into Dragon's Dogma, which is a lot of fun and plays well without any tweaking at all.