The videogames on sale thread

RedRooster

• Paid Members

Would anyone know where I could buy or download the original GTA for a MacBook? I watched a video on it recently and I quite fancy a trip back in time to the old days of helicopter views, purple roads and getting a big ‘GOURANGA!’ message after mowing down a group of orange pedestrians. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Would anyone know where I could buy or download the original GTA for a MacBook? I watched a video on it recently and I quite fancy a trip back in time to the old days of helicopter views, purple roads and getting a big ‘GOURANGA!’ message after mowing down a group of orange pedestrians. 

Sent you a PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a video game on sale, but if you're looking to get a Steam Deck, you can get them from just £305.96 from The Game Collection Outlet, which is a verified seller. There are instructions on IGN as to how to do that. 

That's for the 64 gb version, and the larger version is more expensive (but still discounted) - however, if you have a large microSD card, this version might be all that you need. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Maneater on Steam for £2.79. It’s Steam Deck verified, so I might give it a go at that price.

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/maneater-pc-steam

I remember having a fair bit of fun with Maneater. It felt almost like one of those forgotten sleeper hits from a previous gen the same way people talk about something like Tokyo Jungle on PS3. 

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series - £39.99 £9.99 (75%) - Xbox Series S/X
A remake of the Wii port of PS1 game Klonoa Door to Phantomile and PS2 game Klonoa 2 Lunatea's Veil in a handy little double pack. Klonoa is one of my favourite PS1 games but I never played the sequel. I got this yesterday and it holds up lovely. Runs a little faster than you might remember as it makes the jump to 60fps but it looks gorgeous and the music is still great. Has a "pixel filter" which I assume to be classic graphics but it's not, it's an actual filter that makes everything look shite, so don't bother with it.
At this price you can't go wrong at all though as even if the PS2 one isn't up to much (I'll find out soon enough) then a tenner is worth the price of admission for the first one all day long.

Katamary Damacy Reroll - £24.99 £6.24 (75%) and We Love Katamari Reroll + Royal Reverie - £24.99 £8.24 (67%) - Xbox Series S/X
You roll things up with a sticky ball as you gradually grow in size. The order goes something like coins, batteries, cutlery, cats, people, houses, football stadiums, godzilla, rainbows, clouds, planets. It's fun, goofy and addictive gameplay with plenty of replay value. Not much difference between the two games but if you like one then you'll like both and for those prices they're worth a pop. Nothing funnier than the comic scream of a pedestrian as you scoop him up in a ball full of fish and playing cards.

--

Both are part of a Bandai Namco sale on Xbox at the minute so there's plenty on there but those are my picks. Keep your eyes out for Tekken, Arcade classics, Dragonball, Little Nightmares, Soul Calibur and the Tales series of games among others.