AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

• Paid Members
On 3/13/2022 at 10:42 AM, jazzygeofferz said:

Rampage is set up so well to be 3-4 squash matches, some video packages, with a "big" main event like WCW Worldwide used to be, heck even the early days of Raw.

That sounds dull as fuck. I'd put up with that for about two weeks before default-fast-forwarding to the main even every time. It's the exact reason I can't be bothered with Dark.

A quiet rivalry there but a great video and definitely a match I am looking forward to watching.

Butcher and Blade are an underrated tag team. Neither would be good as singles guys but as a team they just work. The sum is greater than the whole.

The Butcher looked better than ever, push that fucker to the moon. He worked his arse off, was far more intense and his cardio seemed to be much better.

So is dark side Statlander an alien or not? Despite the commentary saying she looks completely different it seemed like the same old Kris to me with the makeup on one eye.

Edited by Merzbow

2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

The Butcher looked better than ever, push that fucker to the moon. He worked his arse off, was far more intense and his cardio seemed to be much better.

Butcher's been one of my boys from the get-go. He's got himself into cracking shape, and looks the fucking business. He's solid in the ring too, especially since he started working like a big man proper. Running at me? Clothesline. Running at you? Clothesline. In the buckle? Clothesline. Back suplex? Nah, mate. Clothesline. He still has moments where he looks a little lost in close ups, and needs to stop turning away from the camera, but now his band has folded, hopefully he has the time and energy to fill in those gaps and become the grumpy old man hoss we all wish we were. 

3 hours ago, Merzbow said:

*ignore the above quote - stuck in the editor on my phone

I saw his Unrestricted podcast, and when he opened up, he sounds like the most adorable nervy kid. Talking's not all that though. Just turn up, scowl, hit shit, roar at the camera and stroll off. "Black belt in bad ass." What a man. 

6 hours ago, Merzbow said:

So is dark side Statlander an alien or not? Despite the commentary saying she looks completely different it seemed like the same old Kris to me with the makeup on one eye.

Thought the same. I think the nWo 96 gear adds to the overall effect though. I liked the spacer gimmick but it screamed mid card, as did coming out to do a bit of cheerleading with the rest of the Warped tour. 

spacer.png

Way better.