AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Louch said:

Reps are better done behind closed doors than huffing and puffing about a ring at near midnight. 

Not when you're trying to adapt your style by hearing how the crowd reacts, it's not, which I think Infinity Khan's point.

2 hours ago, Duke said:

Not when you're trying to adapt your style by hearing how the crowd reacts, it's not, which I think Infinity Khan's point.

How can he be listening to the crowd when he’s breathing out his arse? He must be concentrating like fuck on just surviving 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Louch said:

How can he be listening to the crowd when he’s breathing out his arse? He must be concentrating like fuck on just surviving 

Well, a few ways I reckon. Firstly, he's been doing this for a while so it probably takes less mental energy than you'd think. Secondly, he can probably get feedback from guys in the back, his opponents, etc. Thirdly, he can probably watch the show back afterward and reflect then. Fourthly, he's married to a pro wrestler so she could watch the show and feed back week on week to help. But I've heard lots of vets say that you need a crowd reacting to get a good sense of what's working.

Edited by Duke

Glad to see it isn't only me who isn't seeing it with Keith Lee so far. I think he's one of those guys a bit like Ty Dillinger/Shawn Spears was where when they don't get the big push in WWE its popular to blame WWE and as they have dropped the ball with a number of guys previously that's fair game. Sometimes however maybe they're rightfully not pushed.

Lee looks like a horribly out of shape, old man and he's only 37. He looks 10 years older.

I appreciate what people have said about him having Covid and the possible impact that may have had but generally weight loss and loss of appetite is a very common symptom, as it was with me. I really haven't seen anywhere about significant weight gain.

Lee looks like he has been piling the beef on and as others have said he is blowing out of his arse just walking to the ring.

He doesn't impress me in any aspect I'm afraid as he has all the charisma of an empty packet of crisps. Him doing the finger conducting every match as the chants of "ohhh bask in his glory" get lesser and lesser every week is already stale as well.

The only times he looks anywhere near impressive is down to others throwing themselves around and bumping like crazy for him.

The best thing he's done in AEW is get spinebusted by Powerhouse Hobbs.

Edited by Jonny Vegas

• Paid Members

I don't know much about the guy at all but watching a couple of the bits of talking Keith Lee's done since going there I absolutely love his promo style and if you can't do something interesting and unique with that, then your wrestling company is failing miserably. He's got a fascinating manner about him and you could harness it in a number of ways and if he is struggling physically as everyone is suggesting (I haven't seen any of his matches, I don't think) then you've still got plenty to work with in the meantime.

Hobbs seems a good guy as well, love his dedication that he just goes around in his dungarees. On Ethan pages toyblog this week Swoggle couldn’t handle him and Danhousen being at the toy fair in full gimmick haha 

I like that though. I always remember hearing a story about Randy Savage at an appearance or signing and he was apparently in full regalia and full performance the entire time. Someone had allegedly asked him doesn't he mind having to do that and he said nobody was there to see Randy Poffo they were there to see The Macho Man.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Louch said:

Hobbs seems a good guy as well, love his dedication that he just goes around in his dungarees. On Ethan pages toyblog this week Swoggle couldn’t handle him and Danhousen being at the toy fair in full gimmick haha 

You mean Danhausen hadn't bothered to put his human makeup on?