Things Steph is responsible for?

Matthew

• Paid Members

A serious one: John Cena

The story that goes about is that Cena was going to get sacked when Steph heard him rapping and thought "We can make money from this guy".

There's a lot of stuff you can criticise about her time in Creative but that's one she does deserve credit for.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, unfitfinlay said:

A serious one: John Cena

The story that goes about is that Cena was going to get sacked when Steph heard him rapping and thought "We can make money from this guy".

There's a lot of stuff you can criticise about her time in Creative but that's one she does deserve credit for.

That whole story falls apart when it boils down to Steph overhearing Cena rapping on a bus during a tour. I am 90% certain that Steph has never seen the inside of the general talents tour bus and it's a classic case of someone taking an idea to her and her getting credited.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, chokeout said:

That whole story falls apart when it boils down to Steph overhearing Cena rapping on a bus during a tour. I am 90% certain that Steph has never seen the inside of the general talents tour bus and it's a classic case of someone taking an idea to her and her getting credited.

I mean, it's possible but even Cena tells the story that way, even adding in details like that she got him to do an impromptu rap about her tuna sandwich.

As much as he's very much a Company Man, I don't see why he'd lie about that. It also makes no sense for WWE to make up this story to give her credit, but never ever do it again.

• Paid Members

Hard to know what she was or wasn't responsible as head of creative as you know Vince probably tears everything to shreds or changes stuff constantly anyway but impossible to deny that her period in the role was pretty terrible to watch. Personally, I can't stand Stephanie. Much like her husband, she was great in 99-2000 and mostly awful presence since then. Outside of the almost definitely bullshit Cena story you never hear any stories at all about her coming up with any good stuff. The womens revolution stuff was genuinely sickening to watch and her onscreen character was so bad even Batista slagged her off on Twitter. 

Stripping Trish Stratus of the title (a couple of weeks before Wrestlemania in Canada) because she refused to kiss Torrie Wilson on the lips on an episode of Smackdown where they did a bikini contest.

This isn't a rumour btw, it is literally printed in a wwe book with quotes from Trish Stratus.

I always remember that story when she talks about how much she has done for women's wrestling.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

Stripping Trish Stratus of the title (a couple of weeks before Wrestlemania in Canada) because she refused to kiss Torrie Wilson on the lips on an episode of Smackdown where they did a bikini contest.

This isn't a rumour btw, it is literally printed in a wwe book with quotes from Trish Stratus.

“So, was I being punished? Who knows? I was never told that’s why I lost, but it was a little strange that WrestleMania in my hometown of Toronto was coming up, and all of a sudden, I wasn’t going in as champion.”

Trish doesn’t actually confirm that she knows that was the reason for the booking decision, in her own words.

To be fair, I think going into your hometown chasing (with six weeks to build) is a lot more sense from a pro wrestling storytelling point of view, and it makes more sense that people buy Jazz as capable of beating Trish if - duh - she already has. The odd bit of booking is Stratus not winning the belt back in Toronto at Mania, although in fairness it was Toronto where she got the belt back, when they ran the Air Canada for a Raw in May, but it ain’t the SkyDome and it ain’t Mania.

3 hours ago, air_raid said:

“So, was I being punished? Who knows? I was never told that’s why I lost, but it was a little strange that WrestleMania in my hometown of Toronto was coming up, and all of a sudden, I wasn’t going in as champion.”

I'm pretty sure the beggining of this conversation was her telling a story about one time she 'crossed the boss'

• Paid Members
Just now, theringmaster said:

I'm pretty sure the beggining of this conversation was her telling a story about one time she 'crossed the boss'

“Crossed the boss” is fine, claiming that she was booked to lose the title as a direct consequence based on her quotes is still putting 2 and 2 together to make 5.