The end of WWE releases on physical media?

RicFlairLegend

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, The Masked Poster said:

Why’s it a 15?

Yeah probably just a placeholder.

Does somebody get blood in there? Doesn't Roddy Piper go off on one on the bagpipes when he gets booed? It's been years since I seen it right through though.

Definitely buy.

ADDED: The "what sides Ric Flair on?" storyline was quite intriguing for the Savage vs Warrior match.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

ADDED: The "what sides Ric Flair on?" storyline was quite intriguing for the Savage vs Warrior match.

Pedant alert! - actually, it was “who’s corner will Mr Perfect be in.” Although both interjected themselves, obviously.

There were some really weird interviews out the arse end of SummerSlam and Flair unseating Savage with help from Razor taped two days later, designed to hype the Flair vs Warrior title matches. Firstly in Flairs first interview after winning the belt he tells Warrior he’d be the current champion instead of himself if he’d listened to Perfect (Eh? Why would they have wanted that? And wouldn’t Flair have already been trying to beat him by now?), then Savage later puts a pair of his shades on Warrior and tells him HE will be the next WWF champ. Errr…. shouldn’t Randy be persuing his implicit right to a rematch rather than endorsing his former enemy?

Edited by air_raid

1 hour ago, RalphyV2 said:

IIRC, i think one of the VHS versions and the one on the network differ from the actual event, and it had some bits n bobs cut out, could be wrong though. Or a release could be out that differs, one of the two 

A lot of the Silvervision releases had dark matches on whereas those matches are not on the network versions. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, JNLister said:

The original UK VHS had all the matches, including the ones not on the PPV (and Crush-Repo which was on the PPV but not on Sky Sports.)

I had a lend of a “taped off Sky” version back in the day and it was surreal that they went to an ad break at a shot of Repo Man in the ring as displayed on one of the overhead screens, said ad break lasted AGES and when they came back, the match had been and gone.

8 hours ago, stewdogg said:

A lot of the Silvervision releases had dark matches on whereas those matches are not on the network versions. 

SummerSlam 92 and the first two In Your House tapes were the only ones I recall, unless you’re counting the Free For All as dark.

• Paid Members

With all the effort made to have a UK Summerslam in 92. Why was it not shown live on Sky Sports? Surely they weren't worried about it hurting the live gate. The version shown on Sky was horribly chopped up and we had to watch one of the Sky Sports football presenters drone on for an interminable amount of time. In the middle of the show!

Edited by BigJag

I know I shouldn't care anymore but isn't that bret photo on the cover from around 1996? Also, I can't remember them using that logo for Bulldog until much later too? 

I think a vintage style version of the original case would have looked way better? Sort of like how stranger things do their dvds. 

I'm calling shenanigans on the summerslam kid.