The end of WWE releases on physical media?

RicFlairLegend

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, TibBo said:

I know I shouldn't care anymore but isn't that bret photo on the cover from around 1996? Also, I can't remember them using that logo for Bulldog until much later too? 

"HIT MAN"

Don't give them more credit than they're worth for recrafting the past.....

71M9Sb-XaHL._AC_UY445_.jpg

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, BigJag said:

With all the effort made to have a UK Summerslam in 92. Why was it not shown live on Sky Sports? Surely they weren't worried about it hurting the live gate. The version shown on Sky was horribly chopped up and we had to watch one of the Sky Sports football presenters drone on for an interminable amount of time. In the middle of the show!

I'm almost sure that presenter was old Richard Keys hyping some football match coming after the show.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

I'm almost sure that presenter was old Richard Keys hyping some football match coming after the show.

46:59 on the osw review. Richard Keys hyping Norwich v Forrest. 

Edit: it's also them calling Andy Grey a shitebag. 

Edited by Tommy!

21 hours ago, TibBo said:

I know I shouldn't care anymore but isn't that bret photo on the cover from around 1996? Also, I can't remember them using that logo for Bulldog until much later too? 

This is a pet-hate of mine too, when they release retro-styled merchandise with anachronistic images. I remember reading somewhere (perhaps this forum) WWE gives mercandise manufacturers a number of images of each wrestler that have been cleared for use, so presumably there was nothing from circa. 1992 of Bret in there, which is a shame.

32 minutes ago, Roy said:

This is a pet-hate of mine too, when they release retro-styled merchandise with anachronistic images. I remember reading somewhere (perhaps this forum) WWE gives mercandise manufacturers a number of images of each wrestler that have been cleared for use, so presumably there was nothing from circa. 1992 of Bret in there, which is a shame.

dO1wWiZ.jpg

Prime example of it here, using both WWF and WCW pics 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Regardless of the images used who's buying those fucking jacket's anyway?

Belt wankers, probably.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

For the interested, the non-jobber matches from those episodes are Big Boss Man returning to wrestle Skinner, and Hacksaw & The Bushwhackers vs Repo Man & The Beverly Brothers.

That did trigger some serious nostalgia for countdown shows that used to be on the Silvervision tapes. Back before we had internet in the house, it was a magic half hour of learning what storylines got you to that point/"Wait what the fuck is the Action Zone?" etc. 

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

"Wait what the fuck is the Action Zone?"

On occasion, the best show of the week!

18 minutes ago, AshC said:

They should have put Norwich City vs Nottingham Forest as a bonus disc.

Or released two versions, one where its included, or you can pay a little extra for it not to be.