Today I Learned (Wrestling Edition)

Carbomb

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Paid Members

...that The Spoiler had to wrestle Pedro Morales mask-less because MSG had a rule at the time barring any wrestlers from wrestling masked.

Also, that the "Legion of Doom" was originally a team comprised of The Spoiler, King Kong Bundy, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, and the Road Warriors.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

...that The Spoiler had to wrestle Pedro Morales mask-less because MSG had a rule at the time barring any wrestlers from wrestling masked.

If you watch some of the old MSG shows on the WWE Network, there are matches where jobbers that would ordinarily be masked have weird hoods that cover everything but their face, because of this rule. It's a really odd look.

The rule was first lifted for Mil Mascaras in 1972, though his opponent was The Spoiler, and he still wasn't permitted to wear a mask in that match.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Statto said:

Today I learned that the former Curtis Axel has sold his Twitter account to an onlyfans girl.

I know this because I've just had to explain to my wife why I follow said onlyfans girl.

Shrewd move. 

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, 5pints 2.0 said:

Apparently the voting was 100% legit.

It was, and they managed to not have a plan for every contingency and some stuff was booked on the fly. Y2J learned he was losing the ICT once he was in the ring and the ref told him the finish he’d just been given into his earpiece.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

Poor Matt: he can slap a tornado, dry up a sea, but can’t stop an A-Train.

Today I learned some of the lyrics to Matt Hardy's "V1" era entrance music. I never bothered learning more than WHOOOAAAA YEAHHHHH!!! WHOOO!!

On 11/17/2021 at 11:30 AM, Roy said:

Depends if you consider Nicholas to be a wrestler (that kid that was picked out of the crowd to be in a tag match with Braun Strowman at WrestleMania a few years ago). 

Just learned that Nicholas is the son of current referee, John Cone.