Today I Learned (Wrestling Edition)

Carbomb

Seems like The Rock was going to say that he stole/was influenced by Muta's Flashing Elbow. I wonder if that was just BS as he was doing this thing with him, or if it's genuine. If it's true then that's definitely something I learned today! 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

TIL that Edge has blocked me on Twitter. I have never mentioned him in any tweet ever nor tagged him.

You ever liked a tweet that’s talking shit about him? Because some people are so thin skinned they go through the likes and retweets and block everyone. 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

TIL that Edge has blocked me on Twitter. I have never mentioned him in any tweet ever nor tagged him.

My previous account was blocked by Mauro Ranallo for nothing more than telling him he was crap at his job. Snowflake.

• 1 month later...

Slightly fascinated that at 82 years old Kendo Nagasaki still pops up at All Star Wrestling and other events around the country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O29sIk9LAkI

And looking at this YouTube channel he seems to be doing something with LDN again this year!  Some wrestlers genuinely never properly retire.  What a unique character.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Loki said:

Slightly fascinated that at 82 years old Kendo Nagasaki still pops up at All Star Wrestling and other events around the country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O29sIk9LAkI

And looking at this YouTube channel he seems to be doing something with LDN again this year!  Some wrestlers genuinely never properly retire.  What a unique character.

Still loves just being around the lads, doesn't he.

• Paid Members

Kendo has done a lot of appearances since he released his autobiography, doing "audience with" shows and Q&As after years of not speaking. I've not really followed what he's doing with LDN, most of what I've seen has been just repeating clips from last time he was there, it seems mad to think he's going back there. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Because of the debate in the Raw thread about the Samoan/Polynesian family relationships in wrestling, I decided to check Wiki. There's some interesting stuff, to say the least.

The first is the generational gaps - there are brothers separated by whole eras. The one that surprised me the most is that Samu (of the Headshrinkers/Samoan SWAT Team) is the brother of Manu, who was briefly in Legacy - Samu's prime era was early 80s to early 90s, but Manu came to WWE in the late 2000s. Sam Fatu, who was in Bodyslam with Roddy Piper in the 80s, is the older brother of Umaga, whose era was also mid to late 2000s. The three Fatus all had their WWF/E eras in different eras too - Sam in the 80s, Fatu/Rikishi in the 90s/early 00s, and Umaga in the late 00s; each one had left the promotion before the next came in.

Second is that The Rock (you guys probably already knew this, but I didn't) isn't genetically related to Peter Maivia - his mum was adopted by him.

Also found out that the late Gary Albright was married to Afa's daughter.

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Because of the debate in the Raw thread about the Samoan/Polynesian family relationships in wrestling, I decided to check Wiki. There's some interesting stuff, to say the least.

The first is the generational gaps - there are brothers separated by whole eras. The one that surprised me the most is that Samu (of the Headshrinkers/Samoan SWAT Team) is the brother of Manu, who was briefly in Legacy - Samu's prime era was early 80s to early 90s, but Manu came to WWE in the late 2000s. Sam Fatu, who was in Bodyslam with Roddy Piper in the 80s, is the older brother of Umaga, whose era was also mid to late 2000s. The three Fatus all had their WWF/E eras in different eras too - Sam in the 80s, Fatu/Rikishi in the 90s/early 00s, and Umaga in the late 00s; each one had left the promotion before the next came in.

Sam Fatu being Tonga Kid/Islander Tama if people haven't read that thread.

The one I always liked and surprised me, even thought there wasn't that many years in between, was that Matt Anoa'i was in the Samoan Gangster Party with (I think) cousin Samu and they were briefly the two mystery blokes that were showing up ringside for "making a difference" Fatu's matches... then years later Matt would be Rosey in 3MW with cousin Eddie/Umaga.

And Matt's little brother, of course, is Roman Reigns.