Norm MacDonald tribute thread

WyattSheepMask

8 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Another forum favourite has passed

I didn't even know he was sick...

In all seriousness, there was nobody funnier. This is a proper kick in the gut. I don't think a week has went by the last five or six years that I haven't watched/listened to something Norm. 

Enjoy your dirt nap, sir. 

That's terribly sad news. His SNL weekly update was probably the last time that show was regularly entertaining and relevant and Michaels still canned him. Any time he was on Conan was always a treat too, the 'Chairman of the Bored' and his telling of the Moth joke in particular. I'll miss the old chunk of coal. Must get round to reading his book actually.

6 minutes ago, DCW said:

That's terribly sad news. His SNL weekly update was probably the last time that show was regularly entertaining and relevant and Michaels still canned him. Any time he was on Conan was always a treat too, the 'Chairman of the Bored' and his telling of the Moth joke in particular. I'll miss the old chunk of coal. Must get round to reading his book actually.

The book is worth it. Laugh out loud funny. 

• Paid Members

Gutted by this. Norm is so underrated, but he was hilarious. I’m not even a massive fan compared to many, but he never failed to make me laugh. Loved his chat show, but equally his cameos in other shows were usually the highlight of the show. I don’t know why, but his work as Burt Reynolds on celebrity Jeopardy is something I love to revisit often. 

RIP Turd Ferguson 

• Paid Members

Gutted. Norm MacDonald was my favourite comedian. My favourite moment from Comedians in Cars was when he talked about Kojak with Seinfeld in a diner

There’s so many more I could share, but for anyone who hasn’t seen him, I’d seek out his Live show with Super Dave which still makes me laugh every time I watch it. I’d also highly recommend him talking about serial killer Albert Fish on his show and doing shit jokes on purpose at the Bob Saget roast. 

• Paid Members

Rik Mayall and Norm Macdonald are the only two celebrities that I tended to go "I wonder what they are up to at the minute?" during the day. I loved those two so much, and gave me every emotion a comic could give you. I'm going to miss Norm so much. I've missed him for a while now as it is, with his podcast going down the shitter. But to know we'll never get any new material is genuinely sad. I loved him so much.

Got into Norm though Comedy Central showing random edited SNL eps and his Weekend Update skits appeared a few times. Fascinated by his delivery and too a nerdy thinks he knows everything teenager, his constant abuse of OJ Simpson was hilarious. Just a brilliant way of cutting down people but also keeping his weird subdued surrealism. @IANdrewDiceClayhas blitzed twitter with some brilliant clips. I need to track down a copy of 'Screwed.'