Intros that were better than the song...

Steve Justice

• Paid Members

There's a really good 12 minute remix of Animal Army that he did as well. The Arthur Plays With Animals remix. I had the 12" with a couple of remixes of Spaceman on the B-side. One of them had the whole song sped up. I think it was the "Touched by the Zupervarians" mix? 

3 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

I love "Sexy! No No No" by Girls Aloud but that intro is on a completely different level to the rest of the song, brilliant stuff. 

The intro is awesome but that whole song is fantastic in my eyes. One of their best and certainly most underated. The whole thing thunders along at 130 bpm. I wish their still was British girl groups putting out stuff as bonkers as this.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

I don’t think many outside of the “Late 80s early 90s indie pop kid Stourbridge sound” demographic have heard of them to be fair!

Never dreamed Stourbridge would get a mention outside the football threads. Went to college there and had my first proper job there. Bit of a nothing town but that’s the West Midlands. Got into my head Jas was from Wolverhampton so consider me ambivalent to learn he called Stourbridge home if that’s the case. Although even pretending to be from Wolvo would be glamorous in comparison.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, air_raid said:

Never dreamed Stourbridge would get a mention outside the football threads. Went to college there and had my first proper job there. Bit of a nothing town but that’s the West Midlands. Got into my head Jas was from Wolverhampton so consider me ambivalent to learn he called Stourbridge home if that’s the case. Although even pretending to be from Wolvo would be glamorous in comparison.

Quite a few of the wrestling lot are from there - Dave Mastiff, Saul Adams, and Luke Phoenix are a few that come to mind.

I remember reading in one of the music mags that Mann was from Wolverhampton too, so I found it a bit odd when Hannibal called him a posho.

1 minute ago, air_raid said:

Ah, The Sandkings were perennial support to the Stourbridge holy trinity of The Poppies, The Stuffies, and The Neds. If any of those three were playing, Sandkings were more than likely supporting so they always got lumped in with that scene. 

21 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Thirty or so seconds of lightning quick electric keyboard promises so much and delivers… well, nothing really. I was surprised to discover this had actually been a Bravery single at all.

It’s a difficult vocal performance to get behind, for sure. I really like all other aspects of that song, but then it’s from the small window of time that I was relatively up on “new” bands n’stuff. I don’t think I’ve ever heard or seen The Bravery mentioned anywhere since about 2006, apart from dusting off my mp3s of this and “honest mistake” now and then. 

• Paid Members
On 9/14/2021 at 12:35 AM, Daaaaaad! said:

Thirty or so seconds of lightning quick electric keyboard promises so much and delivers… well, nothing really. I was surprised to discover this had actually been a Bravery single at all.

11 hours ago, hallicks said:

It’s a difficult vocal performance to get behind, for sure. I really like all other aspects of that song, but then it’s from the small window of time that I was relatively up on “new” bands n’stuff. I don’t think I’ve ever heard or seen The Bravery mentioned anywhere since about 2006, apart from dusting off my mp3s of this and “honest mistake” now and then. 

Gets a pass for being used for that seasons Football Focus theme. It’s no Stand Back by Linus Loves instrumental, however.