The Emma Raducanu Appreciation Thread (All Tennis welcome)

SuperBacon

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Not saying that's there is anything in this, but it is strange. Maybe he has asthma like the Liverpool squad?

As you said, not saying there’s anything in it, but in his last match he called for a toilet break when he was two sets down. Then came back out from the bogs to make a three straight set comeback!

Nothing in it though. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, wordsfromlee said:

in his last match he called for a toilet break when he was two sets down. Then came back out from the bogs to make a three straight set comeback!

To be fair, a lot of elite players do this when they're a few sets down. I honestly think it's as simple as retiring for a pep talk and a rest and also the psychological strain on their opponent who now has to sit there and wait for 10 minutes while their momentum ebbs away.

I didn’t watch but did Djokovic do his usual thing of playing like a tired man in the first set, then popping off to the loo and winning the next 2 sets like he’s 21 again?

I’m beginning to wonder if the top of tennis is like the top of the cycling world a decade ago - riddled with performance enhancing drugs but just under the radar.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Loki said:

I’m beginning to wonder if the top of tennis is like the top of the cycling world a decade ago - riddled with performance enhancing drugs but just under the radar.

I'd be very surprised if any of the major sports in the world aren't rife with doping, especially individual sports such as tennis.

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Coke. You’re thinking of coke. Can help in darts though. 

Just ask your mate Kirk Shepard.

Playing darts I’ll often take beta blockers before an important game, and it really does make all the difference. Pressure? What pressure?