The Emma Raducanu Appreciation Thread (All Tennis welcome)

SuperBacon

Andy Murray is surely got to be done now? His body is not suitable for high level tennis anymore. He has the heart of a lion so fair play to the bloke, but he deserves a well earned retirement!

I do feel so sorry for Emma Radacanu, the pressure she must play under is crazy for an 18 year old. The press love to big her up, and then the commentators try to be realistic and it comes off as really disingenuous. I see that Emma now has a bad wrist, hopefully it's nothing too serious for her.

EDIT - It might be a blister actually which hopefully won't be too serious.

Edited by stewdogg
Update

52 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

Andy Murray is surely got to be done now? His body is not suitable for high level tennis anymore. He has the heart of a lion so fair play to the bloke, but he deserves a well earned retirement!

I know. He's an utter warrior isn't he?

I imagine maybe he'll play out the majors (or maybe skip one of them) and end at Wimbledon this year to a well deserved incredible reception.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Paid Members

Anybody been watching this year?

Yesterday was a cracking day of tennis. Djokovic/Sinner and Norrie/Goffin were both fantastic matches. Nadal and Kyrgios both still in the draw too so it's shaping up to be a tasty last few days.

Gutted Raducanu or Boulter couldn't go further but Raducanu shutting down journalists desperate to call her a failure is always fun.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Not saying that's there is anything in this, but it is strange. Maybe he has asthma like the Liverpool squad?

Obviously I don't understand the Liverpool reference but knowing him it's probably a bottle full of thetans or something.